Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a Senior Network Engineer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply directly. To follow up with any questions, please contact Monika @ 408-907-6415.
Akraya is the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. In fact, we were recently named "Best Staffing Firm to Work For" by Staffing Industry Analysts. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: 5-7+ years of network engineer experience, Networking experience with protocols, design, configuration, routing, and switching
Duration: 12+ Months, Possible Extension
Contract Type: W2
- Work independently with cross-functional team to understand network designs, gather test requirements to develop comprehensive test plans.
- Build network topologies in both Physical lab and Virtual Network Environments.
- Conduct integration testing of new network hardware, network design and software to support network infrastructure evolution.
- Publish test results and present findings to cross-functional teams.
- Leverage the findings from testing to develop methods and procedures to support successful deployment of new technologies in the production network.
- Collaborate with Architecture, Engineering, Operations and System teams through the lifecycle of network and platform evolution.
- Support backend systems integration testing for provisioning, alarms and surveillance.
- Collaborate with security team to ensure new software, platform and design meets Visa's security compliance requirements.
- Work with Engineering and Operations teams to support network deployment and address network support issues.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software in the Global Engineering Test and Certification lab and proof-of-concept environments.
- Follow all documented Change Control process requirements to implement changes in the test environment.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Monika @ 408-907-6415
- A minimum of 5+ years of industry experience.
- Hands on experience with routers, Ethernet switching platforms.
- Hands-on experience in designing and deploying large scale-out network technologies including Cisco, Arista, Cumulus network technologies.
- Hands on experience with Emulated Virtual Environment, Next Generation (EVE-NG) and Cisco Modeling Tool (CML).
- Understanding of Routing and switching design concepts for Data Centers.
- Understanding of the routing protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, MPLS, BGP4, OSPF and RIP.
- Excellent analytical skills, with experience rationalizing large, disparate datasets into concrete observations/recommendations, and formalizing into new network solutions.
- Cisco CCNP or equivalent industry certification.
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Sciences or Electrical Engineering.