Job Category: Networking ,Systems, Security & DevOps Engineering
Job Number: 12239681
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a Senior Network Engineer. To be considered, please apply or call Monika @ 408-907-6415. If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: 5-7+ years of network engineer experience, Networking experience with protocols, design, configuration, routing, and switching
Duration: 12+ Months, Possible Extension
Contract Type: W2
- Work independently with cross-functional team to understand network designs, gather test requirements to develop comprehensive test plans.
- Build network topologies in both Physical lab and Virtual Network Environments.
- Conduct integration testing of new network hardware, network design and software to support network infrastructure evolution.
- Publish test results and present findings to cross-functional teams.
- Leverage the findings from testing to develop methods and procedures to support successful deployment of new technologies in the production network.
- Collaborate with Architecture, Engineering, Operations and System teams through the lifecycle of network and platform evolution.
- Support backend systems integration testing for provisioning, alarms and surveillance.
- Collaborate with security team to ensure new software, platform and design meets Visa's security compliance requirements.
- Work with Engineering and Operations teams to support network deployment and address network support issues.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software in the Global Engineering Test and Certification lab and proof-of-concept environments.
- Follow all documented Change Control process requirements to implement changes in the test environment.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Monika @ 408-907-6415
- A minimum of 5+ years of industry experience.
- Hands on experience with routers, Ethernet switching platforms.
- Hands-on experience in designing and deploying large scale-out network technologies including Cisco, Arista, Cumulus network technologies.
- Hands on experience with Emulated Virtual Environment, Next Generation (EVE-NG) and Cisco Modeling Tool (CML).
- Understanding of Routing and switching design concepts for Data Centers.
- Understanding of the routing protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, MPLS, BGP4, OSPF and RIP.
- Excellent analytical skills, with experience rationalizing large, disparate datasets into concrete observations/recommendations, and formalizing into new network solutions.
- Cisco CCNP or equivalent industry certification.
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Sciences or Electrical Engineering.
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.