Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Primary Skills: Network Engineering, LAN L2, Deploy Infrastructure Solutions
Duration: 12 Months Long Term Contract (With high possibility of extension/conversion)
Contract Type: W2 Only
This is a Network Engineer position with our client's Datacenter Network Engineering team. The selected candidate will work with a high performing team to develop and design robust networks for our client's global enterprise network infrastructure.
- Design, implement, and provide ongoing support of our client's datacenter LAN infrastructure using various platforms such as Cisco, Arista, and Cumulus Linux
- Gather network requirements for key business initiatives, produce high-level and low-level design documentation for proposed solutions, provide cost estimates and timelines for implementation
- Implement network solutions in a fast-paced environment in a timely fashion while ensuring business critical systems are not impacted during network maintenance windows.
- Work closely with the Information Security Office to ensure solutions deployed meet our client’s Technical Security Requirements and comply with Key Control policies
- Work closely with the network QA team to ensure all new network designs and changes are tested and certified in non-production environments prior to production deployment.
- Provide 3rd level technical support to clients and to technical teams internally to resolve network issues and to support the implementation of new network solutions
- Provide highest level of technical consultancy to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible time frame.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Joel Mac @ 408-512-2455
- At least 5 years of network engineering experience in large datacenter environments
- CCIE certification or equivalent, and/or a Bachelor's degree preferably in Engineering is preferred.
- Expert-level understanding of LAN Switching and L2 protocols such as VLAN, STP, HSRP, VRRP, 802.1q
- Advanced understanding of routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols.
- At least 3 year's experience with datacenter network fabric technologies such as MLAG, VPC, FabricPath, VXLAN, MP-BGP, EVPN.
- Experience designing highly-secure multi-tenant network solutions.
- Experience implementing Cisco Nexus, Arista, Cumulus Linux, Palo Alto / Checkpoint, F5 LTM, Cisco VPN solutions.
- Experience with SDN / SDDC solutions (Cisco ACI, VMWare NSX, Openstack, Docker)
- Linux administrator skills.
- Experience in automating network tasks using scripting or configuration management tools such as Ansible, Python, or Perl.
- ITIL certification preferred.
- Experience creating low-level network design documentation including detailed Visio diagrams.
- Advanced process orientation and exhibited planning, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal in English) skills.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.