Job Category: Networking ,Systems, Security & DevOps Engineering
Job Number: 12290781
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position
Primary Skills: Network Engineer, Riverbed NetPlanner Network modelling, Switches, routers, Networking protocol like TCP/IP, UDP, MPLS, BGP4, OSPF and RIP
Duration: 12+ Months, Possible Extension
Contract Type: W2
The ideal candidate will be a senior technologist with strong cross-functional leadership skills and hands on experience with diverse vendor platforms. Following skills are required for the Senior Network Engineer position:
- 3-7+ years of industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Sciences or Electrical Engineering.
- Creates routing or switching configuration scripts, at least on an occasional basis.
- Hands on experience with Riverbed NetPlanner Network modelling tool (formerly known as Opnet) is required.
- Hands on experience with Cisco Modeling Tool (CML) and GNS3.
- Hands on experience with routers, Ethernet switching platforms.
- Hands-on experience in designing and deploying large scale-out network technologies including Cisco and non-Cisco network technologies.
- Routing and switching design concepts for Data Centers.
- Understanding of the routing protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, MPLS, BGP4, OSPF and RIP.
- Excellent communicator and team-builder, capable of establishing trust and securing partnership with all levels of the organization, from engineers to senior executives.
- Excellent analytical skills, with experience rationalizing large, disparate datasets into concrete observations/recommendations, and formalizing into new network solutions.
- Cisco CCNP or equivalent industry certification.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Monika @ 408-907-6415.
- Advanced Network Industry certification e.g. CCIE and JNCIE.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Telecommunications, or related technical field
- Network programming using Ansible, Python.
- Understanding of Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and its application in Data Center and WAN design.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.