Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 12353349
Akraya is looking for a Senior Java Developer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Rahul at 408-512-2368.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Software Development, Java, APIs, REST, OOPS
Duration: 3+ Months, possible extension
Contract Type: W2/C2C
Responsibilities span all phases of solution development Including:
- Collaborate with project team members (Product Managers, Architects, Analysts, Developers, Project Managers, etc.) to ensure development and implementation of new data driven business solutions.
- Drive development effort End-to-End for on-time delivery of high quality solutions that conform to requirements, conform to the architectural vision, and comply with all applicable standards.
- Engagement in requirements definition and clarification in collaboration with Business to ensure completeness and common understanding; deep understanding of the business needs is important.
- Collaboration and alignment with architects and senior technologists on architecture and design.
- Providing estimates for effort and time.
- Creating design documentation. Facilitating code reviews with team members.
- Facilitating design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- The review and assessment of impact of proposed scope changes on assigned deliverables
- Work with other engineering teams to facilitate a common approach to continuous integration that includes build automation, test automation, and deployment automation.
- Collaborate with senior technical staff and PM to identify, document, plan contingency, track and manage risks and issues until all are resolved.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Rahul at 408-512-2368
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 7+ years' experience in Object Oriented software development building scalable, robust, and high-performance applications and services.
- Expert Java developer.
- Experience designing and implementing REST API.
- Experience with creating data driven business solutions and solving data problems using a wide variety of data technologies like RDBMS, SQL Server. Kafka (message queuing), NoSQL (MongoDB) expertise a plus.
- Strongly motivated and/or experienced in test-driven development and test automation. Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Test tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Git, Selenium, Chef desirable.
- Expert knowledge and expertise in UI/UX design and development required. Angular experience desired.
- Experience with Agile and Test Driven Development methodology.