Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 12430181
Primary Skills: Java Development, REST, Spring, NoSQL, Docker, Agile, Payments exp. is a plus
Duration: 12 Months (Possible extension/conversion)
Contract Type: W2 Only
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of our MAP PD Payments team to help design, enhance and build our transactional processing engine in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will be working on multiple projects building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API and Container based services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable and resilient. We believe in self-managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality.
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions and improvements.
- You will build partnerships with product management to make sure that the products we are building deliver real value.
- You'll use technologies that include Java, REST, Spring, NoSQL, Docker and more.
- You will analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution.
- You have the work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages and operating systems.
- You coach and mentor your team members and help them grow professionally.
- You'll lead meeting and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Joel @ 408-512-2455.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 8+ years of Software Development Experience.
- You are a Java expert and you have experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
- You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Sonar, JUnit, PowerMock.
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
- You have a strong work ethic to focus on our goals.
- As an end-end champion for your products, you will have strong debugging and Unix skills to help support our Operations teams.
- A background in the payments domain is a plus.
- Knowledge of functional programming is a plus.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.