Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 12313917
Akraya is looking for a Senior Developer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Srikanth at 408-907-6419.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility) and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Java, Spring Framework, Restful services, databases (Relational/NoSQL)
Duration: 3+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
The team works on technologies such as JAVA, Node.js, restful web-services, browser-related technologies (jQuery, React, HTML5, etc.) database solutions (NoSQL, Oracle, etc.).
- We’re seeking a Senior software engineer with a proven track record of building great online (web and mobile) products for the Global Buying Hub team.
- As a senior engineer, this person will be hands-on with product development, building high quality software.
- In addition, (s)he is expected to mentor other engineers while raising the bar on the team’s discipline and technical excellence.
- Being able to deal with complex systems while helping the rest of the team navigate ambiguity in requirements is very important.
- Having a good amount of experience with agile teams and methodologies is required.
- Contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested and scalable code.
- Coach and mentor junior members of your team.
- Improve agile development and continuous delivery processes.
- Collaborate with other Engineering and Research teams.
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, code reviews, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems.
- Integrate with technology stacks maintained by other teams.
- Participate in complete software development process from planning, requirements elicitation and documentation to design, implementation, testing, code reviews, and maintenance.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Srikanth at 408-907-6419
- 8 years of work experience or MS in Computer Science plus 5 years of experience
- Experience with e-commerce systems a strong plus.
- MS in Computer Science or comparable field, or comparable (in scope and complexity) work experience.
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Experience in Java, Spring Framework, Restful services, web technologies and databases (Relational/NoSQL).
- Experience in Node.JS, React will be a plus.
- Advanced understanding of design, implementation and operation of distributed services and APIs.
- Real passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous deployment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Independent and quick adoption of new technologies and concepts.
- Effective oral and written English interpersonal skills.