Akraya is looking for a Senior Developer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Janardhan at 408-512-2778.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Java, Spring,JSON, REST, XML, and SOAP
Duration: 03 Months Contract to hire
Contract Type: W2 or C2C
The Senior Developer coordinates all activities between the Information Technology department and the business stakeholders including gathering functional requirements and translating requirements into a technical design that meets the goals and objectives of the business, driving business process changes, coordinating change management meetings and activities, and reporting on progress and issues. The Senior Developer designs, develops, tests, troubleshoots, coordinates resources and supports the development, testing, and migration of software applications.
- Leads technical design sessions for the collection of business requirements and reviews functional designs.
- Designs, develops, configures, tests and deploys software solutions, customizations, enhancements, and integrations.
- Provides technical support and administration of software applications and systems to fix bugs and performance problems.
- Complies with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements to ensure controls are adhered to
- Reviews and approves implementation of system integration road maps
- Conduct research on enterprise application solutions, services, development, standards, and best practices.
- Collaborates with Senior Database Administrators the Senior Network Administrators to install software and ensure proper backup procedures are followed and to implement needed security measures .
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and/or equivalent relevant experience.
- Three years of progressively challenging development experience with Java or other similar programming language.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid California Driver License.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of Java including web services including JSON, REST, XML, and SOAP.
- Knowledge of software frameworks such as Spring.
- Knowledge of Integrated Development Environments (IDE) such as NetBeans, Eclipse, JDeveloper.
- Knowledge of working with a source code control system such as GIT or SVN.
- Knowledge of software build automation and project systems such as ANT and Maven.
- Knowledge of databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MySQL.
- Knowledge of report design and development software such as Business Objects, JasperReports, Tableau, Power BI, or Oracle BI Publisher.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Software solutions such as Oracle, SAP, IBM, ESRI, Salesforce and Workday.
- Knowledge of Public Utilities Commission (PUC) regulated tariffs.
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle and industry best practices.
- Ability to grasp both broad and detailed concepts and understand system contingencies.
- Ability to work and learn new technology independently with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to understand and comply SOX procedures.
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Janardhan @ 408-512-2778
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.