Job Category: Technical Support & Customer Service
Job Number: 12544444
Primary Skills: Desktop Support, Installation,Configuration, Troubleshoot, Mac OS/IOS
Duration: 6+ Months, possible extension
Contract Type: W2 only
- Installing and administering Mac OS X and iOS devices with JAMF
- Demonstrate experience with the installation, configuration and use of a wide range of COTS desktop and network software, and COTS desktop hardware
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for VIP’s and other end users.
- Recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to end user workstations, including the installation of these upgrades (for example memory)
- Provide technical guidance to other members of the team.
- Collaborate with infrastructure engineering and operations group to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment
- Acknowledge and resolve desktop support related tasks , incidents and changes adhering to agreed SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Participate actively in IT infrastructure projects, e.g. PC refresh, enterprise wide software updates, OS version upgrade etc.
- Develop and maintain software packages and tools used for software distribution
- Scheduling users for their refresh and imaging according to device setup procedures
- Installing software on the new hardware using automated and manual methods to match their current hardware.
- Setting up new hardware at users’ desks, when required.
- Providing post transition warranty support until the user is 100% satisfied.
- Providing other general computer support, as needed.
- •Minimum 7 years of PC installation and break/fix experience in Dell, Client, Lenovo, Mac and Microsoft Surface hardware
- 4-5 years of computer imaging experience, through refresh/update efforts in an enterprise environment utilizing Microsoft SCCM
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in Windows 7 and 10 environments
- Experience with Office 365 , Azure , AIP , One Drive setup, troubleshooting, and user/data migration to the cloud
- Minimum 5 years of full-time technical experience with troubleshooting and supporting Windows and Mac based end user systems
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Interface with third-party support and equipment vendors
- Develop and maintain training materials for IT teams and end users.
- Experience with AV equipment (wireless microphones , video conferencing units , projectors , cameras and all in one devices)
- Must have ability to perform complex technical analysis, work effectively as part of a team, and communicate effectively with team members, other teams, managers and SVB personnel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to follow processes and ask questions when process can't be followed
- Experienced with desktop standards, desktop management, software deployment, systems administration, and data integrity and recovery.
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation and provide end user training as needed.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Simant at 408-907-2727.
- A+ Certification.
- Dell, Client, or Lenovo Hardware Repair Certifications.
- MCP – office 365.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Section 125 Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.