Job Category: Data Engineering, Big Data & Hadoop
Job Number: 11820872
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a Senior Data Engineer III for one of our award-winning clients. You will work on cool projects and be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow. You will also be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is consistently recognized on ‘Best Companies’ lists. To be considered, please apply directly or call Sneha at 408-512-2459. If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Hive, Hadoop, BigData, SQL, Python/ OOZIE, ETL and Data Warehousing
Duration: 6+ Months
Tax Term: W2 Only
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Design, build, and manage complex analytics data models in Hive/Hadoop for Analytics team across all customer journey from Acquisition, Engagement, and Retention.
- The analytics data marts will be used by data analysts in Analytics and other team to do deep dive analysis, build analytics dashboard, or other data science project.
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain new data models ETL pipeline with SQL query, Python, Oozie, and other script language and create/maintain workflow using Oozie. Ensure overall data quality.
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Sneha at 408-512-245
- Experience working on building scalable ETL pipelines, data warehousing and schema modeling.
- Creating Data pipelines between vendor systems and in-house Datawarehouse platform (Hadoop).
Querying, manipulating and maintaining large data sets for analytical purposes using SQL-like languages (Hive is strongly preferred).
- Experience with Hadoop/big data environments to synthesize and analyze data. Troubleshooting data loads and performance issues.
- Experience with automation script language such as Python
- Collaborate with Engineers, Vendors and Data Scientists to Client end-to-end solutions.
- Support your colleagues by reviewing code and designs. Diagnose and solve issues in our existing data pipelines and envision and build their successors.
- 2 - 3 years of relevant hands-on experience.
- Independent, self-starter, with demonstrated communication, collaboration and willing to learn and implement.
- Ability to work through deadlines and produce results in an agile work environment
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or a related field.
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.