Akraya is looking for a Senior Data Engineer for one of our leading clients. To follow up with any questions, please contact Khushbu at 408-512-2361.
Akraya is the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. In fact, we were recently named "Best Staffing Firm to Work For" by Staffing Industry Analysts. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients
Primary Skills: ETL, Informatica, SQL, Oracle RDBMS, Unix Scripting
Duration: 06 Months (With possible extension)
Contract Type: W2 Only
- Very Strong engineering skills. Should have an analytical approach and have good programming skills.
- Provide business insights, while leveraging internal tools and systems, databases and industry data
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience. Experience in retail business will be a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for varied audiences on engineering subject matter
- Ability to document requirements, data lineage, subject matter in both business and technical terminology.
- Guide and learn from other team members.
- Demonstrated ability to transform business requirements to code, specific analytical reports and tools
- This role will involve coding, analytical modeling, root cause analysis, investigation, debugging, testing and collaboration with the business partners, product managers other engineering team.
- Knowledge/experience on Teradata Physical Design and Implementation, Teradata SQL Performance Optimization.
- Experience with Teradata Tools and Utilities (FastLoad, MultiLoad, BTEQ, FastExport)
- Advanced SQL (preferably Teradata).
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Apache Spark, etc.).
- Strong Hadoop scripting skills to process petabytes of data.
- Experience in Unix/Linux shell scripting or similar programming/scripting knowledge
- Experience in ETL/ processes.
- Real time data ingestion (Kafka).
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Khushbu at 408-512-2361