Job Category: BI, ETL & Data Warehousing
Job Number: 12148857
Akraya is looking for a Senior Data Engineer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call at Vipul at 408-512-2357.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: ETL, Java/Scala, Spark, Hive, SQL/T-SQL, Hadoop ecosystem
Duration: 12 Months
Tax Term : W2/C2C
What You’ll Do
What to Bring
- Collaborate with data product managers, data architects and data engineers to design, implement, and deliver successful data solutions.
- Define technical requirements and implementation details for the underlying data warehouse and data marts.
- Develop and optimize performant database, data model, integration and ETL pipelines
- Maintain detailed documentation of your work and changes to support data quality and governance.
- Ensure high operational efficiency and quality of your solutions to meet SLAs and support commitment to the customers.
- Be an active participant and advocate of agile/scrum practice to ensure health and process improvements for your team.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Vipul at 408-512-2357
- Significant experience writing spark code in either scala or java.
- Hands on experience with Hadoop ecosystem including storage formats, e.g. parquet, orc, avro, etc.
- Design and engineering experience with Hive.
- Solid experience with data integration toolsets and writing and maintaining ETL jobs.
- Expert level experience with SQL/TSQL and ability to create and tune queries.
- Agile and Scrum experience.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.