Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 12110080
Akraya is looking for a Senior Data Engineer for one of our award-winning clients. We can’t tell you much about the company until you apply but, in this role, you will work on critical, innovative projects with some of the top talent in the industry. To be considered, please apply directly or call Abhishek at 408-907-2688. If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: BigData, Hadoop, Java, Python, SQL and Cloud technologies.
Duration: 6 Months (With Extension)
Contract Type: W2/C2C
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities :
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Abhishek at 408-907-2688
- Min 6-8 years of Big data development experience.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Data Engineering, complex data pipeline development.
- Design, develop, implement and tune large-scale distributed systems and pipelines that process large volume of data; focusing on scalability, low -latency, and fault-tolerance in every system built.
- Experience with Java, Python to write data pipelines and data processing layers.
- Experience in writing map-reduce jobs.
- Demonstrates expertise in writing complex, highly-optimized queries across large data sets.
- Proven, working expertise with Big Data Technologies Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Presto, Spark, just to name a few.
- Highly Proficient in SQL.
- Experience with Cloud Technologies ( GCP, Azure).
- Experience with Relational, NoSQL/in memory data stores would be a big plus ( Oracle, Cassandra, Druid).
- Provides and supports the implementation and operations of the data pipelines and analytical solutions.
- Performance tuning experience of systems working with large data sets.
- Experience with clickstream data processing.
- Experience with Data Governance ( Data Quality, Metadata Management, Security, etc.)
- Experience in developing RESTful API data service.
- Retail experience is huge plus.
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.