Job Category: Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Compliance
Job Number: 11942513
Akraya is looking for Senior Accountant for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Hanzala Bewnak at 408-512-2457. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Accounting, Reconciliation, Journal Entries, Audit, SOX, GAAP.
Duration: 3 Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
Key Job Functions:
- Supports revenue reporting of revenue audits.
- Responsibilities may include supervision and completion of daily audit deliverables, journal entries, account reconciliations and tax returns.
- Assists the Accounting Manager in overall supervision of the Revenue Recognition department.
Education and Experience:
- Supervises and assists Accountants in performing gaming and non-gaming revenue audits which include reconciling, analyzing, recording, and reviewing documents for proper completion.
- Reviews journal entries, account reconciliations and tax returns as assigned.
- Maintain established acceptable accounting procedures in revenue recognition and tax liability to effectively control the assets of the company.
- Assists the Accounting Manager in assuring timely responses to internal and external audit recommendations.
- Manage the implementation of corrective action plans where needed.
- Assist the Accounting Manager in various projects as needed.
- Identify changes in the business environment and make subsequent changes to control frameworks, business narratives, flowcharts.
- Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent industry accounting experience required
- Understanding of regulatory requirements is preferred
- Knowledge of Gaming systems is preferred
- Understanding of SOX 404 and GAAP is preferred
- Working knowledge of CMS, LMS, Infinium and various Point of Sale systems preferred
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Hanzala at 408-512-2457
- Organized and detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet assigned deadlines as required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be a team player in a professional environment
- At least 1 year of industry accounting experience (preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.