Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 11926412
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a Sr. Accessibility Analyst for one of our award-winning clients. We can’t tell you much about the company until you apply but you will work on best-in-class technology with some of the most talented people in the industry. This company is also consistently ranked by Forbes as a ‘Best Places to Work’. To be considered, please apply directly or call Varun at 408-907-6419. If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Duration: 12+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
Qualifications / Skills :
- 3-5+ years of accessibility experience, prefer in a corporate environment.
- Must have WCAG 2.0 experience.
- Experience as a Senior hands on member of the team.
- Mobile experience - iOS and android. Must have a11y experience.
- Bachelor's Degree is very preferred but would be willing to look at a candidate without.
- They will be working on the auditing side on 3 platforms.
- Web, iOS, and Android.
- They will be using an in house spreadsheet for tracking.
- Document findings and provide recommendations for resolving the issues.
- Accessibility consulting, customer brings issues and how can we resolve it.
- Seeking a Senior Accessibility Analyst with significant specific experience in WCAG 2.0 testing and solving/training developers to improve consumer-facing payment applications and platforms for web.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Varun at 408-907-6419
- Deep, demonstrable Subject Matter Expertise in WCAG 2.0, Section 508, ADA, other accessibility laws and standards.
- Experience is critical - "being familiar with WCAG " or having done "some testing on a couple projects while in another role " is not enough.
- Significant experience using Accessibility testing tools AND screen readers such as JAWS, NVDA, Voiceover, and TalkBack.
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills . This role must easily be able to to have clear communication over email, IM, phone, and in person.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- This position will be a busy one. Self-drive and a desire to work hard, cranking through a backlog and keeping up with multiple fast-paced teams is required.
- Thorough, methodical, problem solver and creative with extreme attention to detail
- Expert at time management as well as working & finding answers to questions independently.
- Passion for making websites and applications accessible to all users.
- Understanding of SDLC and the technical and business challenges that come with development of a product.
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes and wireframes.
- Past Experience as a Developer and/or Accessibility Consultant preferred.
- Past Experience in QA a plus.
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.