Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking Senior Accessibility Analyst for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Varun Bansal at 408-907-6419. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Duration: 12+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
- 3-5+ years of accessibility experience, prefer in a corporate environment.
- Must have WCAG 2.0 experience.
- Experience as a Senior hands on member of the team.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Mobile experience - iOS and android. Must have a11y experience.
- Bachelor' s Degree is very preferred but would be willing to look at a candidate without.
- They will be working on the auditing side on 3 platforms.
- Web, iOS, and Android.
- They will be using an in house spreadsheet for tracking.
- Document findings and provide recommendations for resolving the issues.
- Accessibility consulting, customer brings issues and how can we resolve it.
- Seeking a Senior Accessibility Analyst with significant specific experience in WCAG 2.0 testing and solving/training developers to improve consumer-facing payment applications and platforms for web.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Deep, demonstrable Subject Matter Expertise in WCAG 2.0, Section 508, ADA, other accessibility laws and standards
- Experience is critical - " being familiar with WCAG " or having done " some testing on a couple projects while in another role " is not enough.
- Significant experience using Accessibility testing tools AND screen readers such as JAWS, NVDA, Voiceover, and TalkBack
- Significant experience performing accessibility audits on web applications, iOS apps, Android apps AND providing solutions to developers with little accessibility expertise.
- Knowledge of and ability to discuss ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) solutions
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills . This role must easily be able to to have clear communication over email, IM, phone, and in person.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- This position will be a busy one. Self-drive and a desire to work hard, cranking through a backlog and keeping up with multiple fast-paced teams is required.
- Thorough, methodical, problem solver and creative with extreme attention to detail
- Expert at time management as well as working & finding answers to questions independently
- Passion for making websites and applications accessible to all users
- Understanding of SDLC and the technical and business challenges that come with development of a product
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes and wireframes
- Past Experience as a Developer and/or Accessibility Consultant preferred
- Past Experience in QA a plus
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Varun at 408-907-6419
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.