Job Number: 11727766
Akraya is looking for a Sanctions Analyst for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Shabana at 408-907-2246. If this position is not quite what you' re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Sanctions, Risk
6+ Months Contract
Contract Type: W2 only
The Sanctions Analyst reports to Financial Crime Risk Management Team and is responsible for conducting client and payment screening for potential Sanctions concerns.
- This role works closely with BSA Compliance, KYC/EDD Team, AML Investigations, UK Financial Crimes Investigations, and Relationship Teams while working independently to drive individual and team deliverables.
- Conducts analysis of alerted clients and payment for potential Sanctions issues.
- Leverages open and closed source systems to fully disposition potential list matches.
- Coordinates with Relationship Teams and/or Clients to obtain additional information in order to fully disposition potential matches.
- Conducts reviews of client portfolio to research and appropriately respond to FinCEN 314(a) requests in accordance with provisions outlined in the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Stays abreast of industry news surrounding US and Global Sanctions in order to execute effective, risk-based decisions.
- Escalates higher risk or complex requests to more Senior Analysts and or Management for guidance and direction.
Skills & Requirements:
- Investigate and research potential Sanctions list matches; efficiently arriving at sound risk based conclusions.
- Ability to clearly document and support judgments; decisions; and procedures. This necessitates strong writing skills and the ability to maintain files and records in accordance with business unit standards.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and decision making in the context of regulatory requirements; Bank Policies; and industry best practices.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent work experience preferred. Professional certifications (CAMS, CFE, CFS) preferred.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Shabana at 408-907-2246
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the " Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.