Job Category: Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Compliance
Job Number: 12308300
Akraya is looking for a Sanctions Analyst for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Divya at 408-512-2371
we are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Investigate, Research,Payment,Screening, Report
Duration: 6 Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
The Sanctions Analyst reports to Client Financial Crime Risk Management Team and is responsible for conducting client and payment screening for potential Sanctions concerns. This position is at an intermediate professional level and requires strong execution, communication, investigative, and analytical abilities. This role works closely with BSA Compliance, KYC/EDD Team, AML Investigations, UK Financial Crimes Investigations, and Relationship Teams while working independently to drive individual and team deliverables.
- Conducts analysis of alerted clients and payment for potential Sanctions issues.
- Leverages open and closed source systems to fully disposition potential list matches.
- Coordinates with Relationship Teams and/or Clients to obtain additional information in order to fully disposition potential matches.
- Conducts reviews of client portfolio to research and appropriately respond to FinCEN 314(a) requests in accordance with provisions outlined in the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Stays abreast of industry news surrounding US and Global Sanctions in order to execute effective, risk-based decisions.
- Escalates higher risk or complex requests to more Senior Analysts and or Management for guidance and direction.
- Be a self-starter and master of time management, consistently sustaining high levels of productivity and quality in a fast paced high volume environment.
- Apply project management and organization skills to a variety of tasks, demonstrating flexibility and problem solving skills.
- Ability to clearly document and support judgments; decisions; and procedures
- Strong writing skills and the ability to maintain files and records in accordance with business unit standards.
- Investigate and research potential Sanctions list matches; efficiently arriving at sound risk based conclusions.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and decision making in the context of regulatory requirements; Bank Policies; and industry best practices.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Divya at 408-512-2371
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Professional certifications (CAMS, CFE, and CFS) preferred.