Job Category: Project / Program / Product Management & Architecture
Job Number: 12771244
Primary Skills: SaaS, JIRA,Monitoring tools (AppDynamics, Pingdom, Nagios or similar)
Duration: 6 Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
Responsibility / Job Description:
Key responsibilities Include:
- This role requires someone with a passion for driving technical initiatives end-to-end by aligning cross-functional teams towards a common goal; someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment where collaboration, resourcefulness, and ownership are crucial.
- This individual needs to approach challenges strategically, with the goal of designing solutions and best practices which will allow us to tackle future projects more effectively. You will be responsible for orchestrating the successful delivery of projects on time and on budget.
Functional & Technical Skills:
- Collaborate with in-house technical resources for complex operational projects, including customer on-boarding, communications and coordination with internal and external stakeholders. You will work closely with teams comprised of engineers, product managers, technical operations, compliance and security, customer support, and sales, among others.
- Leverage technical & project management foundation to build comprehensive plans, identify risks, and ensure a smooth process; actively assist cross-functional teams to define and manage project milestones on the path to completion.
- Provide necessary transparency to leadership. Maintain metrics which provide visibility to stakeholders regarding project progress and quality.
- Acts as a liaison between technical operations, customer success, sales, support and development during customer issues to manage expectations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in CSE, EE, CSM, related discipline OR equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years working on projects involving complex enterprise SaaS or Web Services environments.
- Proven understanding and working knowledge of the software development life cycle and modern project management best practices, such as Agile, Scrum, ITIL, Six Sigma, etc.
- Experience managing customer-facing projects related to operations and/or technical support.
- Experience managing multiple, simultaneous projects, customers and cross-functional dependencies.
- Experience supporting and resolving customer escalations.
- Working knowledge of Jira, or similar software for tracking and managing projects;
- Experience working with MS Office, MS Project, or similar project / portfolio management tools.
- Basic understanding of scripting with Ansible, Chef, Python and/or Shell strongly preferred, not required
- Familiarity with operational environment: Java, MSSQL or similar Relational Database, Glassfish App Server or similar desired, but not required
- Any exposure to monitoring tools (AppDynamics, Pingdom, Nagios or similar) desired, not required.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Harleen Kaur at 408-816-2474
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written. Listens and communicates effectively.
- super organized, natural multi-tasker, loves analyzing data and solving problems.
- Evidence of successful internal & external customer relationship management, influencing, negotiating; the ability to manage multiple, competing stakeholders.
- Works well under pressure, comfortable in dealing with conflict and meeting demanding timelines.
- Recognizes the importance of continuous improvement and identify opportunities to streamline/optimize current practices in order to shorten delivery schedules, improve quality, and/or increase efficiency
- Evidence of successful relationships with account and support teams.
- Proven problem-solving ability in complex technical environments
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Section 125 Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.