Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 11908432
Akraya is looking for a SQL DBA for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Rahul at 408-512-2433. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: SQL, Database, Golden Gate
Duration: 6+ Months (possibility of extension)
Contract Type: W2 only
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Rahul at 408-512-2433
- Installation, configuration and upgrading database software and tools.
Understands all current features and evaluate new platform features and determine strategy for the application of new features
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures. Create, plan and test scenarios
- Implement and maintain database security policies.
Perform database tuning and performance monitoring o Performance analysis (physical database tuning, reorganizations, optimization, optimal hardware environment, capacity planning)
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Verify/Review project plans and scope of production upgrades, application releases and implementations.
- Create and implement maintenance plans for releases and upgrades.
Execute physical database changes required by applications o Add space to tables and table spaces
- Add or modify rollback segments, undo retention, etc. O Add or modify data files - increase or decrease to change size of the database, relocate. Add, modify, and/or remove databases objects (table spaces, tables, and storage procedures), users roles and profiles.
- Monitoring - performance, process log, troubleshoot database related issues.
- Maintain database support scripts. O Scripts - develop and maintain database startup, shutdown, backup scripts
- Plus develop and maintain database or system specific scripts such as load, clone, standby, purge, report, etc.
- Maintain documentation on production database environments.
- Maintain Database platform Application Processes
- Solves complex performance issues
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team