Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 12639665
Primary Skills: 3D Unity, AR/VR, C#/C++/C, Graphic Shaders
Duration: 6+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prototype with the latest mixed reality hardware (HoloLens , Magic Leap, iOS, Oculus, Vive, Android).
- Build, debug, and deploy next-generation AR/MR apps in Unity3D/C#.
- Participate in software architecture discussions, code reviews and user studies design.
- Develop high-fidelity 3D content, assets and interaction methods for XR devices.
- Develop new immersive reality features that contribute to the product roadmap
- Integrate AR/MR apps with back-end systems, APIs and services.
- Create documentation for the features being developed, the techniques that were tried and rejected or implemented.
- Apply good software engineering practices to write elegant, maintainable and reusable code.
- Unit-test code for robustness and reliability.
Bonus Characteristics :
- Bachelors in computer science or related fields.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in developing and shipping Unity-based applications, preferably in visualization, AR/VR applications, or video games.
- Demonstrated hands-on skills of C++ and C#.
- Experience writing graphics shaders in unity.
- Experience in creating and using animated 3D models.
- Familiarity with developing applications for Headsets/AR Mobile devices such as – HTC Vive, HoloLens, iPad or equivalent.
- Experience building and shipping Unity apps on the Windows/Apple/Android app stores.
- Experience profiling and debugging Unity applications for performance optimizations.
- Attention to detail in UI design implementation.
- Strong communication and team-success oriented collaboration skills.
- Excellent programming skills with a solid understanding of software engineering techniques, methodologies and attention to detail.
- Disciplined debugging skills and tenacious problem solver.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Ajitabh at 408-907-2956
- Shipped at least one Unity game.
- Knowledge of 3D, CAD and Rigid-body physics.
- Experience using Metal/OpenGL/Vulkan or other 3D graphics development frameworks.
- Experience working with AR libraries such as ARKit, Vuforia, and ARCore.
- Experience developing apps for HoloLens or Magic Leap.
- Experience in other game development engines/tools such as Unreal, Blender and Maya.
- Experience in front-end web technologies.
- Experience in website/mobile app UI & UX design.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.