Job Category: BI, ETL & Data Warehousing
Job Number: 11096559
Akraya is looking for a SAS Developer for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Rakesh at 408-512-2352. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: SAS, SQL
Duration: 6 Months (Contract to Hire)
Contract Type: W2 Only
- Bachelor' s degree plus 2 years minimum experience required
Will be responsible for:
- Increase efficiency by elimination of unnecessary categorization and collapsing of data Reduce programming time, increase consistency of results and reduce risk or erroneous results by the addition of standard and common characteristics and formats to small set of common file rather than repeating 90 times
- Optimize processing time by reducing file size and eliminating waste Optimize extraction code to eliminate redundant data processing and disregard excess data
- Reduce audit risk and increase accuracy by migrating to standard data source and applying new automated internal control
- Reviewing current systems
- Presenting ideas for system improvements
- Working closely with analysts, developers and staff
- Producing detailed specifications and writing the program codes
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Preparation of training manuals for users
- Full working knowledge of a variety of SAS tools and their principles, theories, and concepts. This includes the ability to frequently and independently apply this knowledge to work situations
- Full working knowledge of regulatory reporting and their principles, theories, and concepts. This includes the ability to collect regulatory requirements and translate them into reporting rules
- This position is also responsible for data management, quality control, and reporting; programming in analytical programming languages (may include SAS, SQL, SPSS, R, Python, etc.); taking lead role in analyzing and implementing data management, quality control, and reporting needs on multi-programmer projects; and troubleshooting complicated software processes and products
- This position is also responsible for designing complicated automated reporting and data loading solutions; testing data conversions and data integrity from a wide variety of sources across platforms; developing complicated macros for various research and reporting purposes; designing comprehensive quality checking and validation process; and developing and evaluate complicated data linkage process.
- 3+ years experience working with SAS, 3+ years experience working with SQL
- Full working knowledge of a variety of reporting tools and their principles, theories and concepts.
- Includes ability to frequently and independently apply knowledge to work situations
- Full working knowledge of a variety of SAS tools and their principles, theories and concepts
- 2+ years experience in healthcare data analytics
- 3+ years experience with HEDIS Reporting *** HUGE PLUS***
- 2+ years experience translating regulatory requirements such as HEDIS, CAHPS, operations and data Full working knowledge of healthcare data analytics principles, theories, and concepts Full working knowledge of a variety of analytical software tools and their principles, theories and concepts Full working knowledge of regulatory reporting Two areas of major remediation on our product are needed: Remediation /redesign of legacy SAS Mainframe file – run times are long, lacks internal controls, lacks automation and sources from retired data files.
- Remediation /redesign static data set structure and production – these are the source data for 90 measures for the CA Regions, however, the file structure is inefficient and outdated.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Rakesh @ 408-512-2352
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.