Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 11600414
Akraya is looking for a Reverse Engineer for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Harsh at 408-512-2437, If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Reverse Engineering, Java, Security, Malware
Duration: 12 Months + Possible Extension
Contract Type: W2/C2C
- As a reverse engineer analyst you will work to understand malicious mobile software by analyzing, unpacking and reverse-engineering software that compromises Android devices.
- You will use tools such as IDA Pro and OllyDbg to help decide if binaries are malicious or not.
- You will need to understand techniques used by malicious software to tamper with user machines and make their removal harder.
- Furthermore, you will develop techniques to extract features and cluster malicious software by origin and family.
- Finally, you will be asked to write reports to document your findings, perform data analysis, and create detection routines for different internal pipelines.
- Responsible for providing intelligence analysis in order to identify threats
- Provide subject matter expertise to support various operations
- Identify credible new intelligence and subject matter resources relative to current/emerging threats as they relate to the use of information technology
Nice to Haves :
- BA/BS degree in an Engineering field or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of relevant work experience including experience in reverse-engineering and code-level security auditing, as well as experience reading assembly and understanding of how to unpack obfuscated code.
- Assembly language Experience
- Experience with static and dynamic analysis of malicious binaries.
- Experience with JAVA
- Experience with security related data analysis.
- Familiarity with tools such as IDA Pro or OllyDbg.
- Strong foundation in and in-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, authentication and security protocols and applied cryptography
- Software vulnerability analysis (fuzzers, shellcode development).
- Capture the flag competition experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong self motivation and orientation toward results.
- General ability to solve complicated problems.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Harsh at 408-512-2437
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.