Returnship For Pfizer: Scientist, Technical Services: 23-02394
McPherson, KS 67460 US
Primary Skills: Pharmaceutical, Chemistry/Biology, FDA/Regulations, Manufacturing, Drug Validation, Scientific Investigation, Project Management
Contract Type: Fulltime with Pfizer
Location: McPherson, Kansas (Onsite) Relocation is available for this role
Salary Range: $90,000 - $120,000/yearly
For immediate consideration, connect with Saloni Jain at (408) 907-2689 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role :
The Technical Services Principal Scientist will be responsible for applying advanced manufacturing, science, and technology processes to a specific production segment, championing process improvements and knowledge management excellence. They will serve as a subject matter expert for technology transfer, identifying and implementing process improvements, and driving critical investigations. This role requires expertise in pharmaceutical sciences and a strong understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Serve as a scientific/technical representative for process-related issues, participating in investigation resolution, process validation activities, and training on new process technologies.
- Propose process improvement opportunities and corrective actions to increase yield, capacity, and cost-effectiveness while maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Identify and execute process improvements, create data packages, and collaborate with technical staff to implement process technology initiatives.
- Execute technology transfers of products in collaboration with manufacturing, ensuring production schedules and quality standards are met.
- Champion knowledge management efforts and foster a culture of knowledge management excellence.
- Improve the robustness of manufacturing processes by delivering excellence in product/process knowledge management.
- BS degree with 5 years experience, or MS degree with 3 years experience, or PhD with no experience.
- Understanding of FDA and global regulations and guidelines for analytical testing.
- Experience authoring protocols, technical reports, and method development/validation.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to manage priorities and tasks in high-pressure situations with tight deadlines.
- Relevant experience in Engineering or Science within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Manufacturing experience related to global regulations on devices, drugs and validation requirements.
- Knowledge of extractables/leachables method development and qualification.
- Experienced with leading cross functional teams in technical project execution, investigations, and issue resolution.
- Experience in the management of complex investigations with analysis of data utilizing statistical software (JMP, Minitab).
- Experienced project management skills with ability to meet agreed upon targets and plan development for short-term and long-term activities.
- Ability to think creatively and find innovative solutions is a plus.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. Akraya was recently voted as a 2022 Best Staffing Firm to Temp For by Staffing Industry Analysts and voted by our employees and consultants as a 2022 Glassdoor Best Places to Work.