Job Category: Creative - UI, UX, Accessibility, Graphic, Visual Designer
Job Number: 12483440
Primary Skills: Senior Qualitative Researcher with mix methodology, SQL, Python, or SPSS
Duration: 3 month contract to hire: Only candidates who are interested in FTE conversion
Job Type: W2
Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Information Science, Computer Science, related fields, or equivalent practical experience
Total Years: 5+ and 3-4 in solid researcher, very independent About You
You are passionate about developing empathy with our users, especially the small business owners/professionals (Pros), and delivering insights that help us create experiences that fulfill their needs. You have several years of effective cross-functional collaboration experience and you strive to create product experiences that users share and evangelize. You’re a great communicator and story-teller, and can help product teams better understand and advocate for their users. Your focus is on qualitative research methodologies, but you have working knowledge of quantitative methodologies as well.
About The Role
Experience Researcher at Client are embedded within product teams and serve as advocates for the needs of customers and Pros alike. You will be responsible for scoping and executing research projects (often with overlapping timelines) and providing insights that will drive key product decisions. As an Experience Researcher, you will:
- Collaborate closely with multiple teams within the organization to identify and prioritize research topics in a fast-paced environment.
- Determine the approach and conduct research from strategic discovery about user needs to tactical evaluations of design decisions.
- Synthesize feedback to generate insights and provide clear and concise design recommendations.
- Share research findings with smaller functional teams and the company at-large by creating and distributing compelling, impactful reports and presentations.
- Work collaboratively within the research team to assess larger user trends and determine strategies for further investigation and/or synthesis.
- 5+ years in applied design research in fast-paced, consumer-facing product organizations
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of various QUALITATIVE OR mixed research methods, including when and how to apply them during product phases
- Demonstrated success influencing product and design decisions based on research insights
- Excellent knowledge of research principles and experiment design & facilitation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills
- Experience using a variety of research tools (such as UserTesting.com, Optimizely, Ethnio) and familiarity with recruiting and analytics suites
- Experience collecting and analyzing user behavior through unmoderated experiments (A/B testing), in-person studies, remote studies, and the occasional survey
- MA/MS or Ph.D in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Information Science, Computer Science, related fields, or equivalent practical experience
- MA/MS in one of the previously mentioned academic fields
- Experience with experience research supporting accessibility, a big plus
- Experience coding, writing SQL queries
Here are some suggested methods:
To follow up with any questions, please contact Pallavi at 408-816-2464
- Diary Studies
- Design Sprints
- Usability Testing
- Literature Review
- Contextual Inquiry
- Affinity Diagramming
- Competitive Analysis
- User Journey Mapping
- Café / Intercept Studies
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Section 125 Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.