Job Category: Creative - UI, UX, Accessibility, Graphic, Visual Designer
Job Number: 12357728
Akraya is looking for a User/ UX Researcher for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Dipak at 408-907-3213.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: User Researcher, Interaction Design, UX methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research
Duration: 3+ Months
Client is on a mission to transform the employee experience and enterprise tools. Internal experiences are often overlooked, and employees waste a lot time trying to get things done using poorly designed, antiquated enterprise software.
We're passionate about changing that, creating user-centered experiences by applying UX methodologies, best practices and design thinking into every step of the IT project and product lifecycle, partnering closely with product and engineering to build modern, functional and delightful web and mobile applications destined for thousands of eBay employees around the world.
We're looking for a User Researcher to join our team to help build a deeper understanding of our users, develop out our research practice and bring the voice of the user front and center in our decision making.
- Develop out our research practice, identifying the needs of the business, products and projects and developing effective strategies to satisfy our stakeholders.
- Design and conduct studies utilizing both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Generate insights to understand how users are using our technology bring the story to our product and technology teams.
- Employ a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods (e.g. contextual inquiry, participatory design, usability testing, concept testing, diary studies, surveys, benchmarking studies, A/B test design, behavioral data analysis).
- Work with internal users to identify research needs from small to big initiatives and help the team ask the right questions and reframe the research goals.
- Work on multiple large research initiatives from beginning to end (preparation, execution, analysis, reporting, sharing insights).
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Dipak at 408-907-3213
- Bachelor or Masters in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science
- At least 1-3 years experience designing and conducting a wide range of UX research activities.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate cross-functionally in order to engage stakeholders from across the organization.
- Experience package and communicate qualitative and quantitative data stories (i.e. personas, journey mapping, design principles, scenarios, frameworks, etc.)
- Experience using common design tools (eg. Sketch / Figma) and working with UX designers a plus.
- Experience with interaction design a plus.