Job Category: Clinical Affairs
Job Number: 11066866
Akraya is looking for a Research Scientist Biomarker Sciences for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Utkarsh Audut at 408-239-4597, If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Biomarker, multi-color flow cytometric assays
Duration: 12 Months
Contract Type: W2 only
- We are seeking a research scientist to support ongoing and new efforts focused on biomarker development in the areas of inflammatory autoimmune diseases such as inflammatory bowel disease.
- This research scientist position is within a collaborative and dynamic biomarker research department with an established, integrated research effort in this area.
- he successful candidate will lead efforts to identify and implement biomarker analyses in clinical studies for IBD and inflammatory autoimmune disease therapeutic drug development.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will work within a project team-based research structure to collaboratively support projects in the Inflammation therapeutic area within Biomarker Sciences.
- The candidate will be expected to significantly participate in and lead biomarker assay development efforts.
- The position is within a larger group with efforts across a breadth of therapeutic areas and the successful candidate will also participate as an engaged member of this very interactive and collaborate group.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Applicants must have a MS, PhD or equivalent degree and at least 3 to 5 years of relevant post graduate experience inclusive of either post-doctoral work or employment in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- The candidate will have experience in the use and application of modern techniques to enable biomarker research including evaluation of intracellular signaling networks, and an understanding of basic immunology and inflammatory disease processes.
- The ideal candidate will have direct experience with the use of multi-color flow cytometric assays, including detection of phosphoproteins within leukocytes.
- Experience with a broader range of platforms encompassing genomics, epigenetics, gene expression, multiplexed protein detection or other related emerging platforms is also desirable.
- This individual will have demonstrable skills and experience in hypothesis-driven biological/translational research and biomarker development.
- The ability and desire to work in a cross-functional and team-based environment is a key required attribute.
- The ability to communicate and scientifically engage individuals across a large breadth of levels and translate ideas and data into concise written communications is required.
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Utkarsh @ 408-239-4597
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.