Job Category: Quality Assurance and Testing
Job Number: 12247154
Akraya is looking for a Quality Assurance Test Engineer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Partha at 408-512-3153.
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: Troubleshooting, software testing, networking, TCP/IP
Duration: 8 Months with possible extension
Contract Type: W2 Only
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ownership in design, development of test protocols for functional SW verification of DNA digital products and services.
- Provide feedback to development on requirement/specification clarity and understanding to support proper testing method development.
- Act as a core team member of the software/data dev teams during product definition and design phases enforcing design aspects related to quality.
- Assure proper root cause analysis and drive timely issue resolution of Product Issues
- Development and delivery of Product User Instructions and Knowledge base / Product FAQ’s/ Self Help for DNA Products. Provide User Training/Education.
- Execution and support for Product Verification and Product/Data Validation.
- Identify areas for product and process improvements and make recommendations
- Escalation of issues to internal engineering groups as appropriate.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Partha @ 408-512-3153
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems, or related discipline desired.
- Experience with software, web based applications, portals and framework, etc.
- Experience working in a software test or QA role.
- Experience writing test cases, test plans and reporting bug defects and re-create ability
- Understanding of networking technologies/protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, etc.)
- Technical experience and strong command of industry trends and ability to apply those for desired outcomes
- Understanding of Networking principles and concepts.
- Knowledge of typical SDLC and phases of software development.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills, and advanced problem-solving orientation and decision making skills. Proven ability to develop, present and justify positions to all levels within the company.
- Ability to work with limited guidance in a fast paced environment.
- Possess excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Troubleshooting mindset, an ability to systematically and effectively break down a system or process into subparts to identify failure mechanisms.
- Excellent documentation skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Some travel may be required.
Akraya, Inc. is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.