Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 11511481
Akraya is looking for Test Engineer for one of our client. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Kiran at 408-907-2687, If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Python, test automation, Device Firmware
Duration: 12+ Months
Contract Type: W2/C2C
Review features for compatibility with existing features, feasibility and risk of implementation, testability once completed, sufficient test coverage, and accuracy according to specification.
- Develop and drive sustainable test plans that account for new and legacy products.
- Qualify Nest product embedded software and supporting services features and functionality through manual and test automation execution steps.
- Design and develop automated tests for an embedded software system to cover new and existing features. Tests should be designed to be hermetic, stable, and fast and should maximize code and feature coverage and factor in user behavior, environmental variation, and manufacturing tolerances.
- Identify key product indicators to monitor once the software has been shipped to customers.
- Drive requirements with adjacent engineering teams for tools that automatically gather and expose key product indicators for new features.
- Root-cause test failures and indicator changes, identifying responsible teams and driving quick resolution of product, infrastructure, and environment issues.
- Effectively communicate issues, blockers and drive resolutions.
- A bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years experience with low power consumer electronic embedded stack
- 3+ years experience with software test life cycle, software application testing and test automation
- 3+ years experience with UNIX, Linux,.
- 3+ years experience with Python
- Familiarity with modern tool flows like git/Pull Requests
- Strong test plan and test case writing skills
- Strong test methodologies (e.G. Manual, automated) and test terminology (unit, regression, functional, performance, etc.)
- A master’ s degree in Computer Science, Computer Eng, Software Eng, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience with pdb or similar debugging tools.
- 5+ years of experience with software application testing and test automation.
- 5+ years of experience with UNIX, Linux
- 3+ years experience with C or C++
- Understanding of sensor technologies, filtering/sensing algorithms, and validation techniques.
- Experience with one or more Wireless Technologies such as (Cellular, 802.11, 802.15.4, BLE)
- Hands-on experience in testing of individual blocks of a wireless network solution, e.G. Modem protocol stack & firmware
- Experience with wireless specific test equipment like Sniffers, Wideband Radio Communication Testers, Protocol analyzers
- Comfortable working with low-power embedded applications.
- Detail oriented and able to work independently.
- Experience in acoustic/audio measurement methods and equipment, critical audio listening skills a plus
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Kiran at 408-907-2687
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.