Akraya is looking for a Project/Program Manager for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply directly. To follow up with any questions, please contact Simant at 408-907-2727.
Akraya is the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. In fact, we were recently named "Best Staffing Firm to Work For" by Staffing Industry Analysts. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients
Primary Skills: Project/Program Management, Data center, Networking, Procurement
Duration: 5+ months, Possible Extension
Contract Type: W2 only
- This individual will be responsible for prioritization, scheduling and reporting of network scaling projects, covering parent to child (typically, short distance big volume) and between AZ projects (longer distance small volume). Your work will support room one expansions and buildouts.
- The nature of these projects make you a customer of all networking and build teams and visibility on these projects is high, therefore this position requires a PM with strong business acumen and precision communications.
- You will manage a very large portfolio of projects and will be expected to create structure and process around the ingestion, management and reporting of these projects. A history of developing PMO practices or adoption would be a significant plus.
- A background in Fiber and or Datacenter infrastructure is essential for your success in this position. You must have a proven track record of project completion that is on time and within budget.
- Manage multiple competing projects/programs simultaneously.
- Interact with engineers, technicians, project managers and senior management on a daily basis
- Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
- Work with engineers to develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on timelines and costs.
- Ensure consistency in deployed configurations and track exceptions for follow up.
- BS or MS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in an IT-related field.
- Experience in commercial data center, co-location environments(private/commercial), and/or optical transport/network environments are a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and project tracking abilities; experience of procurement and logistics, strong focus and attention to detail; the ability to work in a very fast-paced, hectic, and energetic environment, yet able to maintain high quality standards; project/task prioritization and schedule development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels.
- Ability to succeed and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to influence and develop productive working relationships with resources and dependent teams.
Please apply directly with your updated resume and contact Simant @ 408-907-2727
- PMP or the commitment to achieve this certification within one year of hire date
- Agile\SCRUM certifications\training
- MCSA\CCNA certifications or equivalent in either networking or system administration