Job Category: Project / Program / Product Management & Architecture
Job Number: 12491875
Primary Skills: Project/Program Management, Embla MPR device, RemLogic software
Duration: 9+ Months, possible extension
Contract Type: W2 only
Sleep Study Preparation and Set-up :
Sleep Study Procedures:
- Collect, analyze and integrate patient information in advance of study.
- Explain the procedure and orient the patient for in-home sleep testing.
- Select appropriate equipment and calibrate for testing to determine proper functioning and make adjustments, if necessary.
- Apply electrodes and sensors according to accepted published standards.
- Perform routine positive airway pressure (PAP) interface fitting and desensitization as needed.
- Follow procedural protocols [such as Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT), Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT), parasomnia studies, PAP, oxygen titration etc.] to ensure collection of appropriate data.
- Perform appropriate physiological calibrations to ensure proper signals and make required adjustments.
- Follow “lights out” procedures to establish and document baseline values (such as body position, ox hemoglobin saturation, respiratory and heart rates, etc.)
- Perform data acquisition while monitoring study-tracing quality to ensure signals are artifact-free. Identify, correct and document artifact.
- Document routine observations, including sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure, and other significant events in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of polysomnographic results.
- Follow “lights on” procedures to verify integrity of collected data and complete the data collection process (e.g. repeat the physiological and instrument calibrations and instructs the patient on completing questionnaires, checking for completeness, etc.)
- Generate accurate reports by tabulating sleep/wake and clinical event data.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to perform portable monitoring equipment preparation and data download.
- Perform patient education and instruction appropriate for in-home sleep testing.
- Demonstrate adherence to cleaning and disinfection procedures for portable monitoring devices.
- Demonstrate adherence to AASM scoring parameters for HSAT; identify artifact, inadequate signals and study failures and generate an accurate report.
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and standards regarding safety and infection control issues.
- Perform routine equipment care and maintenance and inventory evaluation.
- Maintain current CPR or BCLS certification.
- Demonstrate computer skills appropriate for the position.
- Follow HIPAA policies to maintain the privacy and security of patient information.
- Evaluate sleep study related equipment and inventory.
- Review and evaluate sleep studies and provide feedback to staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze complex situations and apply policy.
- Comply with professional standards of conduct.
- Successful completion of an accredited educational program leading to a certificate or associate degree with an emphasis in sleep technology.
- Successful completion of a sleep technology program associated with a state licensed and/or a nationally accredited educational facility and documented proficiency for all competencies required of a sleep technician AND Certification by a nationally recognized certification board (Registered Sleep Technologist (RST), Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT), or Sleep Disorders Specialist (SDS) credential.)
To follow up with any questions, please contact Tarushi at 408-907-6403.
- Embla MPR device.
- RemLogic software.
- Project/program management and supervisory roles.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Section 125 Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.