"Women Back to Work is partnering with Farmers Insurance in Woodland Hills, CA to host their inaugural Returnship for those looking to return to the workforce. The WBW Farmers Returnship program is open to women who have a gap in their work history due to caring for a loved one, raising a child, or other voluntary reasons. If you have at least 4 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least one year, we welcome you to apply. You will have the chance to upgrade your skills, build your experience and make valuable connections during this Returnship.”
The IT Infrastructure Program Manager is responsible for the execution and delivery of large scale IT projects with a high degree of complexity and customer impact. Responsibilities include defining project scope, goals, objectives and deliverables; gathering, analyzing and managing requirements; and effectively communicating project statuses to team members, stakeholders and executives. Candidate must possess excellent communication and documentation skills as they will work closely with project teams and stakeholders to ensure completion of projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of small, medium, or large-scale IT Projects from inception through production delivery; may include managing multiple projects concurrently and drives them to successful completion
- Collaborates with management, IT teams, business teams, engineers, financial, and vendor/contract resources to determine the project scope, cost estimates, resource requirements, and schedule to develop the project plan and budget
- Develop, manage, track, and maintain the project plan: team member tasks, broader team communications, risks, issues, schedule, financials, project conflicts, and overall quality project delivery through all project phases
- Produces regular status reports and facilitates recurring status meetings
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure technologies
- Manages small scale or sub-projects on a local basis and/or local aspect of a multi-functional project; Facilitates issue resolution
- Coordinates supplier's activities and is accountable for work request evaluation and authorization, development and submission of work orders, as well as review of cost estimates from suppliers, where applicable. Is accountable for Acceptance Criteria and execution of Acceptance Testing at project level Is responsible for project level planning, monitoring and reporting on project performance at local and global levels Signs off on project deliverables
- Performs other functions as assigned
- Support hardware/software refresh some evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
- Professional certifications are preferred.
- 5+ years IT infrastructure project experience.
- Familiarity with infrastructure concepts and architectures surrounding private/public/hybrid cloud including virtualization, converged / hyper-converged architectures, high availability, disaster recovery, automation, and orchestration - a definite plus.
- Candidate must have 4+ years of experience managing IT projects
- Candidate must have a strong technical background in OS (Wintel or Linux) and a solid working knowledge of other IT systems such as storage, database, and security software. Previous experience as a Wintel/Unix/Storage or VMware admin a plus.
Special Skill Requirement:
- Demonstrated ability to make a plan, stick to the plan, track to the plan, and recognize when it may be time to re-plan.
- Experience with IT projects such as DC relocation, managing security patching projects, OS refresh and hardware refresh projects.
- IT experience using and coordinating change utilizing change management systems and CMDB systems
- IT experience with physical to virtual migrations
- IT experience with various storage solutions
- IT experience with capacity management and software licensing
- Experience managing projects experiencing frequent / large scale changes
- Demonstrated skills identifying key aspects of project performance and status reporting
- Demonstrated Issue & Risk Management skills
- Effective facilitation skills.
- Experience in multiple software development methodologies, SDLCs and familiarizes with key phases and purpose to drive planning, risk management, etc.
- May require occasional travel
If this job interests you and you are looking to return to work after a hiatus, please apply with your updated resume. Or if you have questions about this position, feel free to call 408-907-2246 to speak to Shabana, our dedicated Women Back to Work recruiter.
If you are a Returner and can't find a position that is a good fit, please send your resume to email@example.com and we'll get to work finding something that is a match for your skillset.