Job Category: Project / Program / Product Management & Architecture
Job Number: 11699331
The WBW Cisco Returnship is a 16-week paid return-to-work program open to men and women who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the workforce for at least 1 year due to caring for a loved one, raising a child, or other voluntary reasons. If you meet the criteria, we welcome you to apply. You will have the chance to upgrade your skills, build your experience and make valuable connections during this returnship. If this does not apply to you, please share with anyone you feel will benefit from this information.
Title: Program Manager
Location: San Jose, CA
Who You Are
What you will do
- Bachelor’ s or Master’ s degree in Business, Engineering, Finance or equivalent
- Meaningful experience with 2+ years in a Program Management position
- Appetite to learn business process and methodology
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Hands on with Microsoft office - Word, Powerpoint and Excel skills
- Willingness to do what it takes to ensure the team accomplishes its goals
- Self-motivated, articulate, possess excellent verbal and written communications skills, and have the ability to anticipate business needs
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork abilities
The Cisco IoT business group is a global leader in IoT. Our IoT software and hardware portfolio includes IoT gateways, industrial switching, routing & wireless solutions, edge and data management platforms, and more. With these, we are positioned to accelerate IoT growth on a global scale – for ourselves, our partners and our customers.
As Program Manager and as a part of this dynamic, fast-paced and growing team, you will:
- Assist with business planning activities to speed up Engineering operations and Strategic Planning
- Partner to prep for key meetings such as program reviews, project commits, quarterly business reviews
- Assist with scheduling and calendaring operations activities
- Help ensure successful, consistent execution of program(s) / technical asset activities
- Find opportunities for cross-program engagement and facilitate partnership
- Understand engineering quality data, release cadence to help improve quality
- Learn new technologies to assist Engineering operations leadership
- Cisco connects everything: people, processes, data, and things. Cisco innovates everywhere, taking aggressive risks to craft the technologies that gives us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And Cisco does it in style with rare personalities who aren' t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
- Cisco has leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and they even have a few purple haired rock stars. Cisco celebrates the creativity and diversity that fuels their innovation. They are dreamers and doers.
- Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.