Job Category: Business System / Financial / Business Analyst
Job Number: 11714481
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a Production Services Analyst for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Varun at 408-907-6419. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Linux, ServiceNow, Java Exception Code, Troubleshoot, Splunk & Regex
Duration: 06+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- 3-5 years of experience that includes: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field (required). Linux background, experience with alert monitoring system. Team oriented individual.
- Nice to have skills
- ServiceNow (AskNow) experience would be ideal. ITIL Certification, Certified Systems Administrator. Java programming experience (will be looking at Java Exception code).
- Flexible to schedule.
- Client operates the world' s largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands.
- Client facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting highly available systems.
- The ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once under duress.
- Ability to adapt to shift work (off hours/weekend work) - this position requires 6PM - 6 AM availability (Graveyard shift)
- Experience remotely managing Linux computer systems.
- Experience with ServiceNow, Netcool or other industry standard monitoring and ticketing tools.
- Experience with troubleshooting with Perfmon, Riverbed, or other performance monitoring tools.
- Understanding Splunk and REGEX is a plus
- Work in the Client Command Center monitoring real time production services.
- Provide a solid understanding of the role a payment solution provider holds in the online payment industry and leverage this knowledge to troubleshoot internal and external incidents.
- Lead technical bridges and interact with both technical staff and management during the incident and change management process.
- Provide support for mission critical applications and execute BAU procedures to resolve incidents. Ensure the incident management process is followed and all communication requirements are met.
- Support applications in a Windows and Linux environment and troubleshoot network, database and system issues that are often not well documented.
- Manipulate basic REGEX queries and shell scripts to provide impact analysis.
- Investigate incidents and provide root because analysis based on application behavior and log data.
- Gauge the scope and criticality of impact and take the appropriate actions to handle the situation.
- Interact with second level teams and Customer Support to ensure incidents are closed out and impact is clearly communicated per the process in place.
- Monitor both systems and network performance through various industry standard and custom tools.
- Open and update trouble tickets and answer internal and external phone calls. Interact with 3rd party service providers to resolve incidents and provide root cause analysis.
- Review change activates and upcoming maintenances and coordinate with staff to cover the activities. Identify and raise concerns with upcoming changes to management.
- Recycle and validate Linux services and daemons as needed.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Varun at 408-907-6419
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.