Job Category: Project / Program / Product Management & Architecture
Job Number: 12413772
Akraya is looking for a Product Manager for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply directly. To follow up with any questions, please contact Harleen Kaur at 408-816-2474.
Akraya is the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. In fact, we were recently named "Best Staffing Firm to Work For" by Staffing Industry Analysts. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients
Primary Skills: Product Management, Catalog and Big dataBackground
Duration: 6+ Months
Contract Type: W2 or C2C
Notes shared by HM:
Day to day work: New product development, Support merchants, building a platform which is already in light and independently drive the development of that platform
- 3-4 years of product management experience
- Computer science foundation and engineering background is a plus
- Technical understanding of catalog and architecture. Ecommerce experience not required
- Prior experience working on big data, highly scalable system for setup, System architecture, coordinates with systems architects, management and other teams.
As Product Manager, you will guide a group chartered to successfully develop, define and deliver a product line for Walmart eCommerce. This extends from increasing the viability of existing products to developing new products for the company.
You must possess a unique blend of technical and business understanding; strategic planning, and the drive to deliver. You must be able to effectively communicate and build collaboration at all areas and levels of the business and engineering. The product manager will own the product line, build strong cross-functional relationships, and communicate both internally and externally.
- Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts.
- Work in close collaboration with our engineers and business owners to manage product/project related tasks.
- Respond to the needs of customers throughout the development process.
- Develop detailed requirements, feature definitions and implementation plans.
- Compose clear, succinct user stories that capture user empathy as part of an Agile project framework. Manage product backlog and user story priorities.
- Participate on cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development.
- Proactively identify problems that arise, outline options, recommend solutions, and escalate as needed.
- Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project.
- Convincingly communicate product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders.
- Hands on experience in converting business requirements into actionable requirement for engineering teams. Gather business requirements, Write BRDs, functional Specification, User flows, System flows, Technical Specification including API specifications
- Define the metrics that measure product success, and use data to drive decisions.
- The Product Manager will be heavily involved with business and marketing teams in customer research activities including market research, usability testing, live on-site experiments, and analysis of site analytics.
- Aid in leading a team of highly technical developers & testers as part of an agile scrum team.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Harleen @ 408-816-2474
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience preferably in an agile development environment or 4 years hands-on software development experience
- 2 years’ experience in product management with proven track record of delivering top notch products that delight users.
- Domain knowledge in e-commerce, retail, online advertising and/or analytics.
- Strong execution skills and ability to “drive” throughout the product lifecycle, from concept to launch.
- Ability to develop and implement a business strategy and make dynamic adjustments as landscapes shift.
- Strong technical knowledge and an ability to influence engineering decisions.
- Strong presentation and written/oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw insights from data.
- Candidates should have big data experience, preferably from a retail or ecommerce background.
- MBA would be a huge plus for candidates to have
- Technical experience and prior product management experience required
- The role will focus on platform confidence projects, to ensure that products sell more efficiently.