Job Category: Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Compliance
Job Number: 12505810
Primary Skills: Juris Doctor degree or foreign equivalent, Strong understanding of IT, web technologies
4+ Month’s contract (high probability of extension. Conversion possible as well)
Contract Type: W2
- Providing practical advice and guidance on privacy and related issues to internal clients and stakeholders, and developing solutions to such issues while effectively managing legal and practical business considerations.
- Advising on applicable state, federal and international privacy laws and regulations and related matters as they relate to Visa, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA).
- Reviewing and negotiating privacy and data protection terms with third parties and vendors.
- Attending GCO meetings and training sessions, and working with other GCO attorneys to update templates, policies and contracting procedures.
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Juris Doctor degree or foreign equivalent with strong academic credentials;
- Admission to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction;
- 3-5 years of combined major law firm and in-house privacy practice with focus on sourcing and our IT services agreements;
- Strong understanding of IT, web technologies (especially those used in the collection, storage and analysis of data), mobile and connected devices;
- Experience providing practical advice to clients on data use and privacy issues;
To follow up with any questions, please contact Shabana at 408-907-2246.
- Understanding of online advertising, including underlying tracking technologies;
- Understanding of cybersecurity and network monitoring and security;
- Understanding of management of personal data in the HR context;
- Experience in the payments industry;
- One or more CIPP certification(s)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint)
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Section 125 Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.