Job Category: Project / Program / Product Management & Architecture
Job Number: 12616745
Primary Skills: Product Management, Big Data and Cloud Computing
Duration: 06+ Months (Contract to Hire)
Contract Type: W2 Only
We are looking for a hands-on Platform Product Manager with strong technical aptitude and experience to lead and deliver a variety of Client Presence Cloud Suite product initiatives. You will interface with customers, prospects and partners to understand user needs and customer use cases. In addition, you will work with Sales, Marketing, and Services to understand competitive trends, communicate product positioning, key benefits and be the evangelist for your product offering. You'll be working on cutting edge technologies with our engineering teams to deliver highly innovative, cloud-based products. Following agile methodologies and a DevOps approach you will ensure the best possible customer experience. Your role will consist of both, prioritizing customer and implementation partner feedback to enhance the internal engineer and external partner workflows and optimize project implementations. You'll be deeply engaged with your peers at client contributing to building the overall Client's Platform. The Senior Product Manager serves as a product champion by deeply understanding customer requirements and market landscape and then evangelizes these requirements and objectives with multiple teams.
- Own the product vision for your area. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision. Be an expert on the domain, the market, the trends. Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Define functional requirements, develop detailed product specifications and associated project work plans for Client's Product Suite features and key enhancements requests.
- Collaborate across teams. Product Managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering, marketing, sales, services and other stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Support the Client's Services team on project governance activities (project plans, weekly status reviews, cross-functional meetings, executive status reviews).
- Effectively and proactively communicate with customers and build a trusted advisor relationship.
- Mentor core customer team members on Platform capabilities.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or similar field and Master of Science or Business Administration degrees.
- 5+ years of work experience, with project experience in big data, cloud computation, and analytics.
- Understanding of modern compute technologies (e.g., Kubernetes, Apache Spark, Cassandra, Azure/AWS/GCP services).
- Understanding of cloud offerings and ability to discuss cloud architectures; familiarity/Strength with AWS, Azure, or GCP and related services is essential.
- Grasp the big picture, while still delivering on the details.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Significant experience defining and launching features and functionality, both for end-user experiences and internal-user needs.
- Passion for a customer-first approach and a drive to intimately understand customer and partner needs.
- Implementing design and brand systems in scalable pattern libraries.
- Develop a long-term vision and product strategy for the evolution of the Cloud platform based on current and anticipated trends.
- Manage product by setting investment priorities, ensuring cross-team communication, and shepherding the Agile SCRUM software development process with engineering.
- Working collaboratively with product marketing, pricing and corporate marketing teams to develop marketing plans, positioning, core messaging, presentations, demos and sales tools to support the launch of new products with customers.
- Being a 'Subject Matter Expert', by understanding prospects and customers, delivering strategic assessments and benchmarking against market expectations.
- Delivering Demos, Technical Presentations and Workshops for key stakeholders in the business.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Shashank at 408-512-2427
- Undergraduate computer science degree from top university required.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.