Job Category: Quality Assurance and Testing
Job Number: 12494189
Primary Skills: VMware ESXi, vSAN, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure, GCP, Linux & Windows
Duration: 12+ Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
The Virtualization Performance Engineer will evaluate and test different storage solutions that uses VMware, KVM and other Hypervisors. The candidate will work with engineering and product management teams closely to develop new testing methodology, do performance testing, develop technical documents and collaborate with the development team to ensure quality of the products.
Job Responsibilities Include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Set up test environment and run performance benchmarking and evaluation of storage solutions that uses various hypervisors.
- Test and measure application and storage performance for potential bottlenecks and identify possible resolution.
- Design and perform complex testing and evaluate features like Erasure Coding, Dedupe, Compression, migration etc.
- Create and document detailed test plans, methodologies, performance briefs, Implementation Guides and other technical documents that detail the configurations, test methodology results and Best Practices.
- Assist cross functional teams in troubleshooting and problem identification
- Develop automated test scripts.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Srikanth at 408-907-6419.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 years of in-depth knowledge and hands on experience in VMware ESXi, vSphere, vSAN and other virtualization products like Hyper-V, KVM etc.
- 3 years of hands on experience in Software Defined Storage, Hyper Converged technologies and Solutions (VMware vSAN, Nutanix, Datera etc.)
- Familiarity with container technologies such as Docker, LXC/LXD, etc.
- Familiarity with container management and orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Rancher/K3s, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure deployment and automation tools such as Ansible, Vagrant, etc. is a huge plus.
- Hands on experience to any one public cloud environment like AWS, Azure, GCP is a huge plus.
- Experience with any one of the Hitachi/IBM/HP/EMC/NetApp storage products.
- Competent with at least one of the following scripting languages; Python, bash/ksh
- Intermediate Operating System skills - Linux & Windows
- Experience with performance analysis of storage solutions and how it relates to the hosts.
- Excellent documentation skills in creating test procedures, workflows, diagrams and customer facing white papers.
- Excellent internal and external customer skills.
- Possess the ability to work and communicate with the senior leadership team.
- A team player and fast technology adoption is a must.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Section 125 Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.