Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 12068927
Akraya is looking for Performance Engineer for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Ruhana Shaikh at 408-512-2363. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Php, nodejs, go, java/J2EE frameworks, Agile Scrum, Jmeter, ALM
Contract Type: W2
Duration: 8+ Months
Job Description -
- Looking for candidate who has excellent skills in performance engineering concepts. Must be able to lead performance engineering projects effectively.
- Develop test strategies, plans, metrics extraction and results analysis documentation.
- Interact with Business, Engineering and QA to understand non-functional requirement.
- Participate in planning and Designing of performance tests.
- In depth knowledge of architectures, technologies and strong experience in technical documentation
- Expertise in assisting performance needs for Cloud based dockerized (kubernetes) application environment. Should be able to setup local dockerized environment and write terraforms for kubernetes config.
- Should be have strong knowledge and at least basic hands on experience with DevOps duties.
- Candidate with experience in monitoring php, nodejs, go, java applications with understanding of memcached concepts and analyzing memory/Thread dump
- Should have hands-on expertise on Client Loadrunner, Performance Center, JMeter, SOASTA, Jenkins etc
- Participate in continuous integration framework development. Able to integrate performance testing needs for CICD using tools like Jmeter, ALM etc.
- Should work closely with Product, software engineering, DevOps & DBA.
- Conduct workload analysis and analyze the usage of software and hardware in production environments and ensure that realistic performance tests are designed and tested.
- Expertise in developing Robust Workload patterns using Production data.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of system component interaction and data relationships to effectively build and execute tests and analyze result
- Troubleshoot performance issues of all tiers of application. Should be expert in using monitoring tools
- Must be able to work independently across multiple agile teams at a time while following a formal process. This is a position for someone who enjoys being the go-to person for troubleshooting complex problems.
- Automate test data management
- Should be able to embed in agile process by conduction API level tests in the early stage of development
- Knowledge in capturing browser side performance.
- Creative problem solver who can recommend methods of testing various types of applications.
- Analyze performance test results, Should be able to do app profiling, memcached & MySQL performance analysis to debug performance issues and tuning.
- Explore newer tools for profiling, monitoring or reporting and develop efficient monitoring for performance and production using various tools like NewRelic, Gomez, Dynatrace, sumologic, datadog, grafana, prometheus and others.
- Experience at a large-scale, mission critical, consumer internet facing products/applications. • Improving the performance, availability and scalability troubleshooting servers, network, hardware and capacity.
- Performance test planning, execution and reporting.
- Performance tune for low latency, high performance, scalable systems.
- Own performance engineering activities for assigned products/project.
- B.S. Degree, Computer Science, Minimum 8 years of work experience primarily in Development & performance engineering.
- Experience working with teams effectively in a globally distributed environment.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment / methodology.
- Development skills in php, nodejs, go, java/J2EE frameworks required, 2+ years preferred.
- Experience in profiling large scale distributed systems.
- Good knowledge of Aurora RDS MySQL, Elastic Memcached, SQS, Elastic Search, Kinesis concepts.
- Familiarity with basic performance monitoring and troubleshooting on AWS, Docker and kubernetes.
- Experience in debugging issues in large scale virtual environment.
- Experience with Application Performance Management tools (New Relic, Sumo Logic, Gomez, datadog).
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and processes for quality assurance guidelines.
- Knowledge of quality philosophies, principles, methods, tools and standards of software development and testing (software estimation techniques, risk assessment and management, configuration management and change control, software tracking constructs).
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and technologies (HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, etc.).
- Knowledge of WAN Emulation Tools (plus).
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux performance monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of Internet and enterprise software technologies including web and application servers. No labels
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Ruhana at 408-512-2363
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.