Job Category: Network & System Engineering
Job Number: 11400789
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a “Networking & Cyber security Consultant” for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Moiz at 408-816-2442. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Networking technologies/protocols, Security, Automation Development & Scripting skills, Wireshark, JIRA, Splunk, Nagios
Duration: 9+ Months (Possibly Full-time Conversion)
Tax Term: W2 only
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Ownership in design, development of test plans/protocols for functional SW verification of company' s system networking and security related products
- Development and maintaining of Automation scripts and test fixtures
- Providing feedback and guidance to Development teams on requirements/specifications clarity and understanding to support proper testing method development
- Act as a core team member of the software/data dev teams during product definition and design phases enforcing design aspects for test tools and automation needs.
- Assure proper root cause analysis and drive timely issue resolution of Product Issues
- Execution and support for Product Verification and Product/Data Validation
- Validation and verification activities for public/private cloud network security tools
- Provide Integrated OEM Network Device Engineering for firewalls, wireless devices, etc. Integrated into dV products. (Includes Field Issues/Support, EOL replacements & New Product Introductions, and Expansion Country Registrations.)
- Identify areas for product and process improvements and make recommendations
- Escalation of issues to internal engineering groups as appropriate
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline desired
- Experience with Networking technologies/protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, DNS, Proxy, HTTP, etc.)
- Good understanding of Security Software implementations and communication (SSL/TLS, HTTPS, PKI, Firewall, etc.)
- Strong understanding of networking and security applications (vulnerability scanners, fuzzing applications, port scanning, packet captures, etc.)
- Experience with networking/remote access including virtual private networks, and business applications
- Automation Development & Scripting skills (Python, batch, shell, Jenkins, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Windows & Linux Operating systems and Virtualization
- Experience with Wireshark, JIRA, Splunk, Nagios and other packet capture and network monitoring application and tools
- Technical experience and strong command of industry trends and ability to apply those for desired outcomes
- Troubleshooting mindset, an ability to systematically and effectively break down a system or process into subparts to identify failure mechanisms
- Experience with Medical Design Control processes is a plus
- Excellent documentation skills
- Some travel may be required.
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Moiz at @ 408-816-2442
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.