Job Category: Quality Assurance and Testing
Job Number: 11773881
Akraya is looking for a Network Security Engineer for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Ashish at 408-907-6402. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Network Security (50%)/ Network Engineering (50%) PAN Firewalls, Cisco firewalls, PAN VPN, Cisco Client, Radius servers and IDS, Cisco and Palo Alto Enterprise Routers, Switches, WLCs, WAPs, DHCP a
Duration: Full time
Contract Type: W2
Network Security (50%)
Network Engineering (50%)
- Installation, maintenance, configuration, troubleshooting, and analysis of security infrastructure equipment including PAN Firewalls, Cisco firewalls, PAN VPN, Cisco Client, Radius servers and IDS.
- Provide maintenance and support for PCI environment.
- Research, develop, and recommend planning & implementation of information security systems and services.
- Recommend institutional security policies and standards based on best practices.
- Incident response, handling, and reporting.
- Coordinate security designs and projects with other departments.
- Periodic vulnerability scanning of networked devices and systems.
- Review and analyze IDS, firewall, NAC, and system logs.
- Gather statistical information, analyze, and create trending reports.
- Installs, configures and programs Cisco and Palo Alto Enterprise Routers, Switches, WLCs, WAPs, DHCP and integrated network devices into existing infrastructure.
- Provides in-depth, detailed design, implementation and support of LAN/WAN network architecture, including all related network hardware and software.
- Implements new designs and performs modifications to existing infrastructure.
- Independently and using his or her own judgement, responds to escalations, project tasks, and alerts from monitoring systems and ITS Help Desk tickets issued to the ITS Network Team.
- Provides resolution information and works with other teams to complete impact analysis where appropriate.
- Performs complex network troubleshooting tasks utilizing high level network troubleshooting tools such as WireShark, TCPDump, NMAP, AirMagnet, etc.
- Makes recommendations for new system, service or software purchases required to support USF' s organizational goals.
- Implement firewall security policy management, Network Address Translation (NAT), and Port Address Translation (PAT).
- Train, guide, and advise other staff on the appropriate course of action during the identification and troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN technical issues to minimize network downtime.
- Utilize ServiceNow application to document and track project and tasks as assigned.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call support rotation (average 1 week per month).
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Experience / Skills:
- Three (3) years or more in network security and maintaining and troubleshooting Cisco production data networks.
- Knowledge of Ethernet 802.3 switching, 802.1d/q/p/x, 802.11; TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP
- Knowledge of network security concepts and tools, ACL, firewall, VPN, IDS, vulnerability scanning, encryption, virus/worm detection and prevention.
- Equivalent experience that includes, seven (7) years of network engineering experience, which includes:
- Four (4) or more years' experience designing networks and working with routing protocols in a multi-area distributed environment utilizing Cisco technologies including high-end routing, Ethernet switching, 802.1d/q/p/x, 802.11; TCP/IP, OSPF
- Three (3) or more years' experience configuration and implementation network firewall and security systems, preferably.
- Three (3) years or more in security and maintaining and troubleshooting Cisco production data networks.
- Strong hands-on technical background with at least 7 years in a 24/7/365 operational role.
- Work independently and manage time effectively to meet deadlines and expectations.
- Highly effective interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team environment and promote cohesion and pride with the team.
- Sharp problem solving, communication and analytical skills.
- Pay close attention to details and be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work as part of a team with other engineers and managers, as well as fellow employees who do not have a background in computer science or technology.
- Communication Proficiency - Ability to describe technical information in easy-to-understand terms.
- Enthusiastic and Results Driven.
- Excellent Judgment.
Education / Qualifications:
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Ashish at 408-907-6402
- Bachelor' s degree in a subject area related to computer science or engineering field. Experience can substitute for field of study. (5 to 7 years' experience in areas above if no Bachelor' s degree)
- Certifications from Cisco and Palo Alto Networks are highly desired
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.