Primary Skills: SDN/NFV, Linux, Python, Networking Topologies
Duration: 03+ Months
Contract Type: W2
The Emerging Services organization is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to design, prototype, configure, evaluate and administer our network topology.
- The candidate must possess a strong background in networking fundamentals (layers 1-3) and will have demonstrated experience configuring, deploying, administering, and maintaining LAN/WAN networking equipment.
- Strong Linux system administration skills is a must.
- Highly proficient and hands on experience in the following inter networking technologies IPv4/IPv6, BGP/MBGP, MPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN, L2 switching, VxLAN.
- Experience with PTPv2 a plus.
- Knowledge of SDN/NFV concepts.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including firewalls, routers and switches.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Experience with development frameworks/technologies such as:-
- Ansible/Ansible Tower
- Restful API.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Amit @ 408-512-2362
- The candidate’s duties will include maintenance of computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks, and replacing faulty network hardware components when necessary.
- Designing, documenting and supporting the introduction of new network platforms or services into both production and lab datacenter environments.
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Working collaboratively with both internal and external teams to support the product development life cycle.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.