Job Category: Network & System Engineering
Job Number: 11646669
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a Network Engineer - Mid for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Monika at 408-907-6415. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Cisco, Arista, Checkpoint, Palo Alto and F5 platform configuration
Duration: 08+ Months
Contract Type: W2/C2C
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities
- Establish and enhance strong working relationships with various internal teams and external suppliers
- Configure and validate console and Ethernet management connectivity for all new gear
- Configure routers, switches, firewalls, VMware, Openstack to help build end-to-end testbeds
- Rack / Stack and power Servers, Switches and Routers in Telco racks and cabinets
- Complete cabling requests as per diagram provided by the senior engineers.
- Update inventory systems as required
- Install new application software on Windows and Linux based systems
- Providing ‘ remote-hands’ support to other team members
- Understand overall ticket management process. Maintain records and document issues utilizing our ticket system.
- Carry out system administration tasks such as software installation/updates, security patches, and hardware maintenance
- Master’ s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Hands on experience in Cisco, Arista, Checkpoint, Palo Alto and F5 platform configuration
- Understanding of networking protocols (e.G. BGP4, OSPF, IPSEC, HSRP, 802.11, QoS)
- Hands on experience with Windows and Linux Operating System for application installation and resolving vulnerabilities through patching
- Knowledge of telecommunications technologies, systems, and circuits (e.G. Ethernet, Sonet, TDM circuits etc.)
- Experience operating heavy-load movement equipment (pallet jacks, chassis lifts, etc.)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- 0-3 years of related industry experience. This requirement is eliminated if the candidate has Master’ s degree in related field.
- CCNP Certification
- Understanding of AC & DC power circuits.
- Experience terminating and testing CAT 5/6 and Fiber cables.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Monika at 408-907-6415
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.