Job Category: Administrative & Clerical
Job Number: 12670881
Primary Skills: Loan closing procedures and policies, Commercial lending and Import, Export and standby products
Duration: 1 year
Contract Type: W2 Only
Knowledge and understanding of:
- Responsible for liasing between the front office Trade Sales Product Advisors and Relationship teams, Servicing and Delivery and Global Loan Operations. Supports Sales and Servicing/Delivery in product issuance, negotiation and discount, ensuring all required policies for CMMA, CDD, Docusign, and others are followed.
- Assembles and manages documentation package, engaging with client, relationship teams or RA to ensure all paperwork related to letter of credit issuance, negotiation and discount is complete before handing to the Servicing and Delivery team for final structuring, negotiation and/or issuance.
- Primary point of contact with product advisors, Relationship Advisor and Relationship teams for removing roadblocks and resolution of documentation issues preventing issuance of standby and commercial documentary credits and negotiation and discount of commercial letter of credits.
- These activities include verifying client compliance and completeness of package prior to submission.
- These activities require interpretation of documentation and capture of key data elements to ensure accurate documentation packages.
- Provides support on operational issues, focused on client on-boarding and product issuance. Works under supervision and has a general skill set that is applied to essential functions.
- Utilizes knowledge to resolve simple issues and escalates non-routine problems or complex issues.
- Product Issuance for new Clients or adding accounts for existing clients may include direct action or coordination of on-boarding activities with other internal partners. On-boarding activities may include but not limited to the following:
- Gathers information and documents required to facilitate on-boarding, including but not limited to Client Attestation From, Corporate Borrowing Resolution, CMMA for cash collateral if needed, Corporate Borrowing resolution, and LC application form.
- Gathers and validates all relevant legal documentation to adhere to KYC and AML and other banking regulations.
- Conduct post collection review(s) of document data to ensure data was accurately captured before handing off to Servicing and Delivery and Global Loan Operations.
- Receive and Route documentation from legal counsel and/ or lending teams to required internal recipients.
Required Education and Experience:
- Commercial lending and Import, Export and standby products.
- Commercial lending policies and guidelines.
- Lending regulatory rules.
- Knowledge of loan closing procedures and policies.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Communicator).
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree in Business (e.g. Business Administration, Finance, Accounting) or equivalent work experience.
To follow up with any questions, please contact Shabana at 408-907-2246
- 4-6 years of related commercial banking and/or legal experience or international banking experience.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.