Job Category: Software Engineering
Job Number: 12658772
Primary Skills: MVS, COBOL, JCL, PROC, TCL, CONNEX
Duration: 12 Months
Contract Type: W2/C2C
Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required
To follow up with any questions, please contact Rahul Ambhore @ 408-816-2020
- 5-7 years experience required.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time (Required)
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback (Required)
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery (Required)
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue
- Experience in support of IBM Mainframe applications - MVS, COBOL, CICS, VSAM, JCL, PROCs (Required)
- Connex Advantage platform Offline system settlement, reconciliation, and reporting knowledge
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.