Job Category: Lab & Assembly Technician
Job Number: 11731491
Akraya is looking for a lab Support for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly to Aman at 408-907-3219. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Lab Support and Lab technician
Duration: 6 Months+
Contract Type: W2
Candidate should be mid level with 3-5 years experience working in lab or managing computer hardware. No new grads or candidates without working experience in labs or material management positions.
Lab Support Specialist
As a Lab Project Support Specialist you' ll play a key role in the development of one of the world' s most impressive computing infrastructures! You' ll be a key facilitator in the development process of prototype hardware for the technical infrastructure organization. You will be involved with managing components of our compute projects from the cradle to the grave. You' ll be asked to organize the flow of material (screws, boards, cpu, memory, etc) to increase productivity to reach production level hardware. Once production level hardware is achieved, you' ll be leading efforts to offsite project material to get ready for the next project. This role will also work closely with lab staff to maintain consumable lab stock and inventory depo' s to enable our engineers to execute quickly.
- Collaborate with project managers and lab staff on the receiving and movement of compute hardware
- Updating multiple material spreadsheets with inventory status and collaboration with buyers on hardware status.
- Receive and manage hardware components for project builds and disperse hardware per allocation plan
- Be ' hands on' and able to use tools and resources to assist in data center hardware builds
- Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory of our offsite project material
- Work closely with our logistics team on sending and pulling our inventory from offsite storage
- Work with lab team in bringing up new labs or moving existing labs; tasks such as documenting lab layout and documenting tasks in project plans
- Install and configure networks, including cable patching, equipment installation, and configuring (and securing) network hardware
- Manage and organize lab inventory of highly used consumables by lab users
- Order spares parts and create purchase orders for lab supplies
- Work well with teams and individuals when required to assistance with projects
- Able to be a multi-tasker in a fast paced environment.
- Have experience in a hardware development organization with understanding of hardware development cycle.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Aman at 408-907-3219
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.