Job Category: Networking ,Systems, Security & DevOps Engineering
Job Number: 12357247
Akraya is looking for a IT Security Engineer for one of our leading clients. To be considered, please apply or call Om @ 408 816 2471
We are an award-winning staffing firm that works with many leading technology-based companies around the world. The benefits offered to our employees include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws). If this position is not quite what you’re looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many amazing clients.
Primary Skills: SOC, SIEM, Python/Perl
Duration: 6+ Months (Possible Extension)
Contract : W2 only
- 3-5 years of experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Strong understanding of Security Operations Center (SOC) and Incident Response practices and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing and security issues related to cloud environments.
- Experience performing security monitoring and response capabilities on cloud platforms.
- Experience using SIEM products.
- Experience with endpoint security analysis and review of event data on Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
- Expert technical knowledge of Internet security and networking protocols.
- Understanding of security technologies, including UEBA, SIEM, IDS/IPS, firewalls, endpoint security, content filtering, and packet inspection.
- Understanding of system hardening techniques and practices.
- Scripting skills such as Python, Perl, RegEx, Splunk Query Language.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Om @ 408-816-2471
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Security certifications such as GCIH, GIAC, SSCP, or CISSP.