Job Category: Networking ,Systems, Security & DevOps Engineering
Job Number: 11800607
Akraya is looking for a IT Disaster Recovery Engineer for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Randhir at 408-907-2970. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Disaster Recovery, technical troubleshooting, MS Office
Duration: 12+ Months
Contract Type: W2 only
We are seeking a talented individual for an IT Disaster Recovery Administrator, who will lead the Disaster Recovery Program for the IT Engineering and Operations department. This position will manage the Disaster Recovery related contingency planning.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Develop and maintain a business critical Disaster Recovery Program that ensures high availability and superior performance in a 7x24 delivery model.
- Maintain Client’ s Disaster Recovery plan and runbooks for business critical applications as determined by the Client Business Continuity Plan.
- Serve as the Disaster Recovery Manager ensuring that the Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) are met in testing to include actual failovers to ensure readiness in the event of an actual declaration.
- Manage all related vendor support contracts and assigned vendor resources in the areas pertaining to IT Disaster Recovery.
- Ongoing review of Disaster Recovery scope services and support to align with budget planning.
- Assess technical risk and provide timely mitigation and remediation plans. Evaluate new technology and tools and build business cases for their use.
- Participate in cross functional reviews and identify high risk areas pertaining to Disaster Recovery scope.
- Research and recommend possible automated approaches for Disaster Recovery tasks.
- Facilitate risk/threat vulnerability studies and impact assessments. Identify opportunities for improvement and lead deep dives on key initiatives through program and project reviews.
- Works with the IT Security department using expert knowledge and understanding of current enterprise Disaster Recovery planning strategies and technologies as well as current methods used in performing risk analysis and business impact.
- Should be a self-starter with a strong interest in technology and the ability to deal with a fast paced environment and ambiguity.
- Has experience with DRaaS
- Expert knowledge and practical application of IT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity technology.
- Has a strong understanding of technical troubleshooting methodology.
- Has excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to work proficiently with Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work weekends and overnight hours as needed.
- Bachelor' s degree in Information Technology or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. 5+ years of overall IT experience
Minimum Related Work Experience:
- ITIL Foundations desired
- Certified Disaster Recovery Engineer desired
- 5+ years of experience in a Disaster Recovery planning, administrative or managerial capacity with internal IT and functional staff as well as vendor assigned resources.
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to establish and maintain a company-wide disaster recovery awareness program and serve as the subject matter expert.
- Detailed knowledge of compliance practices, corporate policies, laws and regulations governing BCP/DRP.
Apply directly with your updated resume and contact Randhir at 408-907-2970
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.