Job Category: Technical Support & Customer Service
Job Number: 12659075
Primary Skills: Network Troubleshooting, Data Recovery, Ethernet set up (Cat 5)
Duration: 06 Months
Contract Type: W2 Only
To follow up with any questions, please contact Hanzala on 408-512-2457.
- Network troubleshooting – ping tests, trace route, ipconfig, nslookup, network link speed / bandwidth testing, understanding of the function of routers / switches / Riverbed devices, MiFi & WiFi connections & devices.
- Computer networking - copying files to remote locations, transferring via FTP, creating, administration and security of shares, remotely controlling of machines, naming of machines.
- Imaging – imaging & modifying code/jobs, partitioning (creation and resizing)
- Hardware Break Fix – diagnosis and understanding of root cause for failed parts on desktop / laptops / peripherals, physical replacement of broken parts in desktops / laptops (including but not limited to memory, system board, system fan, CD drives, LCD, Palm Rest, Keyboards, etc.)
- Data Recovery – recovery of data from broken/ unreadable drives
- Advanced Desktop / Laptop Software Troubleshooting – driver conflicts, understanding of processes & services, log file capturing/interpreting, installing printers, software installation conflicts, registry editing, virus identification and cleaning, understanding and decoding of error message, basic packaging and scripting.
- Continual Maintenance – Cleaning, updating software, applying & understanding of security patches.
- Cabling / Connections – Understanding and designing of CAT 5 (or similar) cabling, HDMI, DVI, VGA, HDMI, Display Port, USB (all versions), SATA / eSATA solutions.
- Mobile Support- configuration, management, troubleshooting and understanding of iOS products and devices.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
- ITIL Foundations v.3.
- 5 – 10 years of pertinent experience in IT support as well as project management.
- Proven ability to effectively work within collaborative teams to identify and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience supporting multiple components and technologies such as: desktop / laptops, mobile devices (Android / iOS), Wi-Fi and LAN connections, A / V Equipment & conference room support, peripheral setup, Skype, Box, WebEx, Spark, Virtual Desktop (VDI), Apple and Windows 7 / 10 environments, etc.
- Complete ownership of issues and problems and support from end to end; coordination of multiple teams and support personnel as needed to resolve the incident as quickly as possible.
- Capability to work flexible hours, which may include day, evening and weekend hours.
- Proven ability to multi-task and deliver results within tight timeframes
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Section 125 Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.