Job Category: Data Engineering, Big Data & Hadoop
Job Number: 11816732
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a Hadoop Developer for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please call Sneha at 408-512-2459. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Hadoop, Hive, Big Data, Spark, Storm, Kafka, Hbase, Sqoop, Flume
Duration: 6+ Months (Possible Extension)
Contract Type: W2 Only
- Design and implement new components and various emerging technologies in Hadoop Echo System, and successful execution of various Proof-Of-Technology
- Monitor and analyze job performance, file system and disk-space management, cluster and database connectivity and log files
- Harden the cluster to support use cases and self-service in 24x7 model and apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to on critical, highly complex customer problems
- Automate deployment and management of Hadoop services including implementing monitoring.
- 7 Years of strong Hadoop and Big Data experience with Enterprise Data ware housing experience
- Well versed with Hadoop challenges related to scaling and self-service analytics
- Well versed with Cloudera and Hortonworks distributions, hands on experience required for both distributions.
- Well versed with hive, spark, hbase and latest developments in the Hadoop eco system
- Excellent knowledge of Hadoop integration points with enterprise BI and EDW tools
- Strong Experience with Hadoop cluster management, Administrative, operations using Oozie, Yarn, Ambari, Zookeeper, Tez, Slider
- Strong Experience with Hadoop ETL, Data Ingestion: Sqoop, Flume, Hive, Spark, Hbase
- Strong experience on SQL and PLSQL
- Good to have Experience in Real Time Data Ingestion using Kafka, Storm, Spark or Complex Event Processing
- Experience in Hadoop Data Consumption and Other Components: Hive, Hue HBase, Phoenix, Spark, Mahout, Pig, Impala, Presto
- Experience monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning services and applications and operational expertise such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of systems capacity, bottlenecks, and basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology or Engineering or Related Field
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Sneha at 408-512-2459
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.