Job Category: Data Engineering, Big Data & Hadoop
Job Number: 11816732
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a Hadoop Developer for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please call Sandeep at 408-816-2470. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Hadoop, Hive, Big Data, Spark, Storm, Kafka, Hbase, Sqoop, Flume
Location: San Jose, CA
Duration: 6+ Months (Possible Extension)
Contract Type: W2 Only
- Design and implement new components and various emerging technologies in Hadoop Echo System, and successful execution of various Proof-Of-Technology
- Monitor and analyze job performance, file system and disk-space management, cluster and database connectivity and log files
- Harden the cluster to support use cases and self-service in 24x7 model and apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to on critical, highly complex customer problems
- Automate deployment and management of Hadoop services including implementing monitoring.
- 7 Years of strong Hadoop and Big Data experience with Enterprise Data ware housing experience
- Well versed with Hadoop challenges related to scaling and self-service analytics
- Well versed with Cloudera and Hortonworks distributions, hands on experience required for both distributions.
- Well versed with hive, spark, hbase and latest developments in the Hadoop eco system
- Excellent knowledge of Hadoop integration points with enterprise BI and EDW tools
- Strong Experience with Hadoop cluster management, Administrative, operations using Oozie, Yarn, Ambari, Zookeeper, Tez, Slider
- Strong Experience with Hadoop ETL, Data Ingestion: Sqoop, Flume, Hive, Spark, Hbase
- Strong experience on SQL and PLSQL
- Good to have Experience in Real Time Data Ingestion using Kafka, Storm, Spark or Complex Event Processing
- Experience in Hadoop Data Consumption and Other Components: Hive, Hue HBase, Phoenix, Spark, Mahout, Pig, Impala, Presto
- Experience monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning services and applications and operational expertise such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of systems capacity, bottlenecks, and basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks.
Please apply directly with your update resume or call Sandeep at 408-816-2470
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology or Engineering or Related Field
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.