Job Category: Data Engineering, Big Data & Hadoop
Job Number: 11843726
Women Back to Work (WBW) candidates will also be considered for this position.
Akraya is looking for a Sr Hadoop Administrator for one of our clients. If the job description below is a fit, please apply directly or call Rahul Shribas at 408-512-2368. If this position is not quite what you’ re looking for, visit akraya.Com and submit a copy of your resume. Our recruiters will get to work finding you a job that is a better match at one of our many clients.
Primary Skills: Hadoop System or Linux Redhat Admin on YARN, MapReduce, HDFS, HBase, Zookeeper, Pig and Hive, Cloudera / Hortonworks, Chef, Spark, Kafka
Duration: 12 Month possible extension
Contract Type: W2
- 2+ yrs. Hands-on administration experience on Large Distributed Hadoop System or Linux Redhat Admin / Technical Knowledge on YARN, MapReduce, HDFS, HBase, Zookeeper, Pig and Hive. Experience in commercial distribution of Hadoop is preferred. Preferably Hortonworks & Cloudera / Experience in DevOps (Chef development) is preferred. This is a core Big Data Admin position to work on Hortonworks/Cloudera cluster build/implementation/installation.
- Minimum 3 yrs. Hands-on experience on Large Distributed Hadoop System on Linux.
- Strong Technical Knowledge on Hadoop Eco System such as YARN, MapReduce, HDFS, HBase, Zookeeper, Pig and Hive.
- Hands on experience in Hadoop cluster set up, performance fine-tuning, monitoring and administration.
- Hands-on Experience as a Linux Sys Admin
- Knowledge on Spark and Kafka is a plus.
- Hadoop Certification is preferred.
Please apply directly with your updated resume or call Rahul Shribas at 408-512-2368
Akraya, Inc. Is an award-winning staffing firm that works with many of the leading, technology-based companies around the world. We have been ranked as one of the “ Best Staffing Firms to Temp for” by Staffing Industry Analysts on multiple occasions and are a preferred staffing vendor within numerous staffing programs. Please visit akraya.Com to search through all of our current openings or to submit your resume to our recruiting team.